disable the governor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable the governor?

I can not seem to make the governor leave my cities alone. I have tried a number of things and none work.
    The one I hate the most is that after I set a city to be happy and it grows, the dumb bunny will reassign workers and cause the city to go into disorder.
    This is a problem in the later stages when I have a lot of cities and start to get careless about keeping an eye on the.

press G when you are in the city screen, and change the governor settings or disable it all together

I find that sometimes the governor will starve costal cities (on hills, forests) to maximize production, but they've never caused cities to go into disorder for me

Comment

Originally posted by PeaSoup
      press G when you are in the city screen, and change the governor settings or disable it all together

I find that sometimes the governor will starve costal cities (on hills, forests) to maximize production, but they've never caused cities to go into disorder for me
      How do you disable it, this what I am to do.
      I set it to never on everthing, but it does not seem to impact it. I set it to manage happines, but it does not keep them happy.
      I do not care how it work, so long as I can make it do what I need or do nothing at all. So far I can do neither and I am force to check on this all the time to what the dummy changed.

Comment

I never use the governors anymore as I am a total control freak. I think this is why my games last several weeks (albeit on a huge map).

I only used them for happiness management and I didn't have the problems described above. Strange...
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

How do you disable it, this what I am to do.
          To disable the governor, just select No for "Manage Citizen Moods", and if you want to disable it for all the cities.. apply it to "All Cities".

Or if you want to selectively disable the governor, just click any workable tile in the city's radius and the game should prompt you to disable the governor for that city.

I'm not sure if the game version might have something to do with the problems you've described, but I'm running the latest PTW US patch

Comment

I don't think that it's the actual govenor that's doing what you see. If you set the govenor to manage happiness it will make sure, every turn, that the city is happy and if neccessary move the citizens around. What your seeing is something different and I don't think that this is possible to disable. Everytime a city changes it's population, up or down, the workers will be reassigned. I'm not sure with exactly what aim but for me seems to be to maximise food. This happends regardless of the city govenor though.

For example. If I take over a city and I want to starve it I remove all the workers from the tiles. This makes the city "go red" and the next turn there's one less pesky foreigner to care about. What also happends though is that the workers are replaced on the tiles and start producing food again. This happends everytime the city changes the pop number eventhough the govenor is disabled.

Comment

Yeah I think that is what is happening as I have tried to set to know andall that stuff.
              I tried this, all cities and you name. In the end the creep will take a city the has say 17 citizens and I have them happy and not growing. Then all of a sudden it is sitting 20 and unhappy or starving. This tends to happen when you get pollution on a worked tile and the gov decides it will start reassing workers. This is not the only case.

Comment

The way I do it is to left click on the capital city and set the capital governor to manage citizen moods in all cities. You also need to have "capital governor as default for all cities" set on in preferences.

Everything else should be set as off on the governor choices.

I find this works fairly well if you are careful how your workers improve the terrain around each city. The governor is then smart enough to maximise production/commerce when the city reaches a limit and cannot grow any more. The only time I notice citizens starving is when a size 5 city that is not connected to luxuries reaches size 6. The governor creates an entertainer and starves the city back to size 5 but it is a temporary problem until a harbour gets built.

If you capture a city you can move the citizens around and this switches the governor off in that city only. When you want the governor to take over go back to your capital and put the governor on in all cities again.
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
                X