Diety help! Getting beat up badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And try note to break any treaty!!!

Even an unintentional one (iron disappearing, civ getting eliminated) can set you really back.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Diety help! Getting beat up badly

Originally posted by IamJordan1
      Help, I'm getting beat up so badly. I'm playing Diety with a usual builder start. Get about 10 cities, and buy workers off the computers. Now that I see I'm getting so behind the techs that the computer is researching I launch a war against the French.

I had recently built about 15+ warriors and had them upgraded to swordsman. They are accompanied by about 10 horseman. This is about 1000 BC btw, I set up my attack near the neighboring French cities. In about the first turn I take 2 cities. And the next turn I take another 2 cities. Now the French are regrouping and I must accept peace for now, and attack again later.

My problem is, once I take the cities, they culture flip right back. I dont see how I am able to have this successful war. I can not build temples or my war would be delayed quiet a bit. Even tho I build temples in my city, some of the captured cities still flip back.

Am I suppose to take out the capital to destroy the culture? I'm pretty good on emperor, but Diety is so damn hard.

This is playing vanilla Civ3. Please help, I'm getting owned so badly by the other civs. Playing all random huge world.
      hi ,

since there is no save , ......

try to continue , detroy one , see what that does , ....

the only thing to beat the AI at deity is to play at the level over and over agin , .....

and maybe you should go back to a save , or autosave , see what happens if you mate an other option , .... its a great way to learn

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
      X