Dumb Question About AU Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question About AU Mod

I tried looking for the answer but so far have been unsuccessful, so, how is the AU mod used?

I have PTW and I just downloaded au_mod v 1.17. Unfortunately, the readme seems to assume that I know what I am supposed to do with the included au.1.17.bix file, but I don't.

Could someone please explain this? Or point me to a thread that does? TIA!

John

If you want to set up your own game using the AU Mod, put the mod in your Scenarios directory and start the game using Load Scenario. The AU Mod version of AU games have the mod built in.

Comment

To elaborate on Nathan's explanation:

If you installed Civ 3 and PTW in the default manner, you should have a series of folders akin to: C:/Program Files/Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Civ3PTW/Scenarios. Place the AU Mod bix file in that scenario folder (be careful not to put it in the Civilization III/Scenarios folder).

When you launch PTW, choose "Load Scenario" instead of "New Game," "Quick Start," "Load Game," etc.

From the list of available scenarios, select the AU Mod Scenario and proceed as you would with any other game, selecting world features, civs, difficulty levels, etc.

Have fun!

Catt

Comment

Aha! Got it! Thanks to both of you for your responses!

John

Comment

Working...
        X