Advice on FP placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on FP placement

Hi. I started a thread in General forum, asking about an application that I could use to calculate optimal FP placement.

It seems there is no such thing. It may seem like over the top request anyway.

As per suggestion of Arrian, I am posting my save file here and kindly ask your advice where I should use the services of my honorable leader Fukson
    Attached Files

Why I need advice is because I checked in the game and palace is efficient only up to 10 tiles or so from the capitol.

So obviousely I can only cover a small region with FP. But there are a couple promising regions on my continent. So I don't know which one should I develop.

My plan is to switch to republic, research Military Tradition and then set taxes back to 100% and clean up the other continent as much as I can before they build significant numbers of gunpowder units.

Either I have them by then or I go back to research and kill them off with tanks.

Comment

I think Knossos is a pretty clear choice.

Personally, I might have been inclined to build the FP manually in Memphis and then move my Palace up North. But that isn't going to make a huge difference. I'd say go with Knossos.

By the way, you need a LOT more workers! Your terrain development is really lagging behind your population.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Thanks for checking it out Arrian

I was thinking Madras myself, or Abydos... Knossos is well positioned but south of it is a desert and surrounding cities are spaced well apart so effect of FP would me smaller then somwhere more south. Good thing is cities north of it have rivers, aqueducts are pretty expensive and usually last in my build priority.

I won't have time to play this game for few more days, I can ponder this until then.

By the way, you need a LOT more workers! Your terrain development is really lagging behind your population.

You are absolutely right. I was relying on war to provide me slaves but that did not work out as planned.

Comment

I was thinking Madras myself, or Abydos... Knossos is well positioned but south of it is a desert and surrounding cities are spaced well apart so effect of FP would me smaller then somwhere more south. Good thing is cities north of it have rivers
          My suggestion was based on 1) overall centrality of Knossos; 2) its healthy distance from Thebes; and 3) those nice river systems nearby.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

First, you need to build a lot more Settlers... for instance, the site 777788 from Thebes is BEGGING for a city.

More Workers, yes.

In terms of the FP, I'd probably use the GL to build it in Kyoto or Giza, and then do multiple Palaces up in the north, with a final one in Edo.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
            X