Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW: New Victory Conditions: Your Opinion

Hi everybody,

Elimination, (mass) Regicide, Victory Points and the 'Fair Princess' are new victory conditions in PTW.

I didn't see any thread about them (I probably missed it).

Now, do you use them? Did you try them? What's your opinion? Is the game 'better' or are these new victory conditions just for children/youngsters? New strategies/tactics?

Your opinion and comments, please.
    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Only played SP so far, but I've never used any of the alternative victory conditions.

Guess I'm a civ purist

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Never tried these. I think there are interesting only for the multi-player games...to make them faster....I guess...

Comment

I played one and the computer was just plain terrible, as if the victory conditions didn't matter... So I'm back with normal conditions!
        Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

I tried the lose-one-city-and-yer-out game once, and the AI didn't REX. Each civ built only 1-3 cities early on then about 7 spearmen per city. Eventually they get dumb and found a city with a single defender, but it was a good laugh. The map is littered with ruins at the end.

Comment

I am currently playing a Mass Regicide PBEM, just started... let's see how it goes.
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
              I tried the lose-one-city-and-yer-out game once, and the AI didn't REX. Each civ built only 1-3 cities early on then about 7 spearmen per city. Eventually they get dumb and found a city with a single defender, but it was a good laugh. The map is littered with ruins at the end.
              The Aztecs sound like they'd be an overwhelmingly powerful civ in some of those games like the one you described. An early Aztec rush to take out their 2nd city for example... also in Mass Regicide the kings/queens are pretty much Jaguar Warriors in themselves, since you only need 1 that gives you 5 extra "royal" JWs plus the ones you could quickly build.

Too bad I got Spain in my Mass Reg game (random civs)
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                ...hm, sounds interesting. I will try this once.

BTW, changing the victory conditions (the old ones, like: I left conquer only) I also didn't see any change in the AI's strategy.

Comment

Mass Regicide is quite fun - I'm playing it by email with a friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X