2 questions on OCN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions on OCN

"Action: Increased optimal number of cities for all map sizes by 50%. Reduced percentage of optimal cities for all levels by 1/3"

1. Correct me if I am wrong, but would it be accurate to say that when you increase the OCN by 50%, what you have done is increase the number of cities you can have without incurring a larger waste/corruption penalty.

2. What does the "reduced percentage of optimal cities" sentence mean? It appears to contradict the first sentence.
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

I don't have Civ3 here so I can't confirm it, but I think it's when the "high-corruption-daemon" should enter. You have OCN that refers to map sizes and the percentage depends on the difficulty level. Like on higher levels, you corruption goes sky-high before the OCN is reached, when a certain percentage of OCN is reached.

Comment

I believe your quote is from the AU mod readme.

Both of the changes work together to encourage the AI to aquire more cities so it can threaten to win by domination. As you pointed out, the changes have opposite effects on corruption. In fact, the net effect on corruption is zero. The only change on gameplay is that you need 50% more cities to build the Forbidden Palace.

Under stock rules, the AI stops expanding once it reaches the OCN, even if it has more room. It even starts razing conquered cities instead of keeping them. This makes an AI domination impossible on all but tiny maps.

Comment

Working...
      X