Golden Age Mobilization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Age Mobilization?

Anyone ever triggered a golden age while mobilized? What happens?
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

I assume the effects stack (i.e. you get +2 Shields in every tile that is producing at least one, if the city is set to build a military-type improvement/unit).

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
      I assume the effects stack (i.e. you get +2 Shields in every tile that is producing at least one, if the city is set to build a military-type improvement/unit).
      If that's really the case, it would make for a kickin' late game as the Germans...
      You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
        If that's really the case, it would make for a kickin' late game as the Germans...
        In the Power of Communism AU, some players explored this situation. The extra boost from Mobilization and Golden Age would typically increase the production rate of Tanks/Panzers by 1 turn (in those high-production cities), which is pretty good. Mobilization alone was not so impressive.

Dominae
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Re: Golden Age Mobilization?

Originally posted by jshelr
          Anyone ever triggered a golden age while mobilized? What happens?
          As Dominae stated, the benefits stack (subject to the carve-outs for the mobilization bonus (tiles must be producing a shield to get the bonus, only units (not improvements) get the bonus, etc.).

Catt

Comment

Thanks guys, we have a Korean civ in a PBEM which is GA-less going into the modern era where this question applies.
            Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

In one of the CivFanatics Game of the Month games some time back, I had a mobilized GA as Germany. At the time, I tended toward much larger cities than I do now, and I had several cities that could churn out a panzer a turn! Needless to say, my neighbors did not like the result of that GA at all.

Comment

I never mobilize... never. I can win wars without it so I'd rather do a mix of warmongering and building during the industrial age. Still, would be interesting to get a GA during that time. Perhaps I'll experiment with the Germans later on.
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Normally, the only time I mobilize is if I get attacked when I'm heavily into builder mode and don't have adequate defenses. My peacetime construction rates tend to be perfect for having a huge tank force to upgrade right when I get the ability to build modern armor, and I much prefer to fight with modern armor due to their faster movement. But playing the Germans, I'm a lot more likely to mobilize because panzers have the movement rate needed to punch through multiple layers of cities in a single turn.

I hadn't thought about it before, but the Ottomans could also be an interesting civ to use mobilization with since Sipahi remain potent as attackers even after rivals get Nationalism (not to mention how expensive they are). And as a scientific civ, there is anywhere from a possibility (1.21f) to a near certainty (1.14f or before) of getting Nationalism as a free tech to help make mobilization sometime during the golden age practical.

Comment

There is of course a downside to all that extra production - if the city has a hospital and/or a factory, it will generate lots more pollution.

No such thing as a free lunch in this game.

Thanks for the tip Nbarclay, I'm playing the current GOTM and that could well be a war winner!!!
                    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I have tried mobilization during golden age a couple of times and that combined with railroads and mined grasslands is really awesome! Tanks or infantry in 1-2 turns in all core cities.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I've done it, including in the AU Communism game... it's warmonger heaven.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Does the AI mobilize?
                          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Working...
                          X