No announcement yet.

I don't want to sound stupid but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand corrected. Nice snooping, badams.

Comment

Always nice to have a evil warmongering trick named after yourself...

... The Zen Deception... all I need now is the name to match an idea (and I can think of some certain MP plans)
      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I seem to recall being introduced to the Arrian Deception before the minitournies, in a thread where both Arrian and Sir Ralph discussed it and explained to those of us uninitiated to the gambit how it worked (and confirmed that it did in fact work). Might have been named in that thread or soon after since I don't recall its formal christening as the "Arrian Decpetion" at that time. It was almost certainly Theseus who slapped on the famous moniker. No time to search now - maybe I'll try in the next few days.

Catt

Comment

Catt,

If you try the search, like I did, hopefully you can go back before July 2002. For some reason, I was unable to.
          badams

Comment

Okay, after a quick searching through past posts that Sir Ralph participated in, I came up with an old instance Arrian mentioning the deception April 10, 2002, but it's not talked about in length.

Can't say for sure whether he mentioned it here first, but it's obvious that the "Arrian Deception" didn't take hold because of this comment as there is no further discussion in that thread about such a deception. BTW, you can also find out how Theseus chose his name in that thread and see his previous moniker.
            badams

Comment

I found the thread I remembered but it contains nothing regarding the naming of the tactic. Must have been named sometime in June or July 2002 since I also found a use of the name in July (without any comment as to "what the heck is the Arrian Deception").

Catt

Comment

It was me... I liked the sound of it, sort of a Star Trek-y thing.

Funny reading those old threads!!
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                X