No announcement yet.

Elite units & GL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went through a period where leaders were very scarce, despite care in attacking with my elites. I kept track for a few games, and went 23-35 elite attacks between GLs for a couple of games, then the streak broke and I began getting them much more frequently again. Got 3 in 4 turns in my present game.

Stupid human tricks: I named my Knight leaders Alpha Knight, etc, so I could keep track of how many leaders I got. But when I got Mil Trad and upgraded, some of my Sepahi (Ottomans) were still named Alpha Knight, etc. Duh! [I know...I can rename them - it was just funny, so I haven't].

Comment

I have had that happen several times. I must say it is less common now with PTW.
      I have have 5 on offense and 1 on defense in a single turn (lost the one on def). This was in a Huge map with 16 civ, 55 leaders.
      I had war with as many as 14 civs at once. That turn had at least 4 civs send armies against me.
      Several units made leaders and got upgraded and made another leader. I named them so I knew. Tank21, then Tank21_MA36 for example.
      I do not play on huge maps that often anymore.
      Domination games on larger maps with Pangea makes it easier to get leaders. This is due to being close to many civs and getting into big wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Originally posted by Arrian
        I've gotten 3 leaders in a single turn using Riders. That was a nice string of luck, I'll grant you. Sun Tzu, Sistine, Leos. Bang, bang, bang. It was beautiful.
        I hope you got screen shots, I find this hard to believe. I almost never get leaders even when I try to be an aggressive lunatic.
        I just had two leaders from cavs in the same turn, with a third leader coming on the first battle of the next turn. It's really not all that unusual if you're quite conscious of actually seeking out leaders. Of course my cav leaders went to Newton's, army, army -- far less satisfying than Sun Tzu's, Sistine, and Leo's -- still, I did get a nice 3 cavalry* army out of it.

Catt

Comment

Is it possible to get GL's from battles with barbarians?

Comment

No.
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
            X