Story Contest Round 15: Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Contest Round 15: Finals

Congratulations to all who made it this far!

"Postmortem 2000 Years" by vovansim
    "A Cradle of Thorns" by Lazarus and the Gimp
    Crossing the Rubicon by Civ3King

Pax Americana by Centauri18
    My Dinner With Xerxes by Jeremy 2.0
    <b><a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66675">"Postmortem 2000 Years"</a> by vovansim</b>
    25.00%
    <b><a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68138">""A Cradle of Thorns" by Lazarus and the Gimp </a></b>
    10.00%
    <b><a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71781">Crossing the Rubicon by Civ3King</a></b>
    25.00%
    <b><a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73040">Pax Americana by Centauri18</a></b>
    15.00%
    <b><a href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74700">My Dinner With Xerxes by Jeremy 2.0</a></b>
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

-->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Cool, I made the finals after all.
    Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
    Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Wow I made it..... However in rooting for Postmortem. great story, I loved it.
      -Civ3King, author of the stories- "Of Freindship and War", "The Struggle for Power", and Crossing the Rubicon".
      Civ3King is currently working on: The story "Hidden Agenda" and "The Rising Moon"

"Too many ties with too many people will get you in a knot."
      - Me

Comment

I had to vote for Xerxes- it had a fastmoving style. The beginning was blah, but then after the firstr 2 pages- it really improved!

The converstaions were short and sweet
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

:sigh: I'm the only one who voted for my story. Okay, I can live with that.

Comment

I wonder who voted for my story...
            Last edited by vovan; February 7, 2003, 17:15.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

Centauri you still have 6 days left

and I voted for you in the semifinals
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I know, I've just never been good with losing, that's all.

Comment

It seems that you lose more of these than you win, unless you're friggin OsWolf, that guy won a ton not too long ago
                  Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals....except the weasel -Homer
                  Who's up for some scroungin'? -Homer

Comment

That's true.

Comment

Postmortem or Cradle....... I loved those stories. It's tough.
                      Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Ive gone with Postmortem but it was indeed tough, and it goes to show the great standard of work there is on this forum.

Every one of these stories is a winner to my mind but alas we have to choose, and there can be only one!
                        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Thanks, Chrisius. This is yet another close one, it seems. Another runoff maybe?
                          Last edited by vovan; February 7, 2003, 17:26.
                          Spore page

Comment

Maybe. Not very many people voting this time, huh?

Comment

Well, 17 people so far seems like quite a bit to me. Taking into consideration how some of the previous contests went.

Now, I am wondering here. We have a three-way tie for first. If things stay the same, are we still going to have a two-day runoff? It doesn't seem too fair to me, since the finals should have four stories, and then the runoff would have three stories, yet only two days to vote. Maybe if that is the case by sunday, you would consider lenghtening the period for this particular runoff, dc?
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X