Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmtt thanks for your response, I have no problem with you enjoying being part of AE and in essence I dont really mind your story being here. Its mainly the amount of threads I dislike seeing, IMHO a lot of what gets posted is unecessary nonsense and you seem to be arguing amongst yourselves quiet often. Why dont you go to the chat room to discuss some of it.

I merely complained earlier today that yet another AE thread had been started but Mellian decided to make an issue of things and start this thread so I responde. Wish I hadnt bothered now as there seems little or no posibility of getting any sesible dicussion out of Mellian who chooses to insult me and others then respond sarcastically when on the receiving end.

I know that Ive probably acheived nothing on this thread and wish you and the others who play AE continued enjoyment but could somebody please get that Mellian to shut the f**k up
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

* sits back to see who will be smart enough to stop first *

You know, I have a friend from Brasil, and when we argue about something, and the conversation goes out of control, like this thread, he likes to say: "Words are made of silver. Silence is made of gold."
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Yes vovan as ever you are indeed right, I should have listened earlier.

Mellian I apologise for any upset I may have caused yourself and would say that we are obviously not going to agree on this. I still stand by my complaint earlier that AE has got to many threads and would like to see you try to reorganise things if at all possible. As I said to mmtt perhaps you could arrange to meet in the chat room to discuss things sometimes.

EDIT This is a response to Mellians next post. I decided to add it as an edit here because its become obvious to me that Mellian needs to have the last word and hopefully now can zip it.

Sorry for assuming you might be upset but for a moment I thought you might have desired an opportunity to have a more civilised debate, but dont worry your responses and edits have left me in no doubt of your attitude. I took out my pop at you in the other thread as I relised I was lowering myself to your standards and returning the insults. Also dont want to turn it into another thread where you whine on as you do here.

Anyways by not posting below your last response I grant you the last word and I hope it does not choke you.
        Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; December 7, 2002, 19:32.
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

WHy would I be/been upset? I was more like amused and wondering why would someone take this seriously enough to be upset over it.... also wondered why people like making assumptions about me and others

I understand your complaints and views, but i rather keep things organized... and the three threads system i use is organized to me.

Having discussions within a story is annoying to me... and not everyone is on at the same time to go on chat. Discussion thread is created to discourage to many OOCs and discussion within the story thread. Great Library is an info thread, where anyone can easilly find info on the story without searching through the story thread. I see nothing wrong at being organized and i already stated my reasons for creating this thread.

can't fault me from keeping things organize and clean.

-Mellian

Comment

Can't we all just get along? .....

Comment

Meh, don't see why anyone should be complaining about AE, NESes, or regular storys. I'd prefer the NESes back here so they aren't forced off to another forum to die, but thats just me. Its not like there was ever more then 2 or 3 NESes at a time, hardly enough to warrant whatever complaints produced that drove them off the forum. Sure it wasn't truly Civ3, but it was based on the general principles of the thing. If we had a Civilization > Stories forum thats where it would have gone,figure Civilization 3 > Civ3-Stories is the next best thing. But mods have said they won't change their mind, so i'm just wasting these letters. :P
              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Best solution would be a sub page of civ3 stories like civfanatics have got but like Chaotik says the mods wont change their minds.

Comment

internal bickering concerning the matter doesn't help either

-Mellian

Comment

Mellian you would do well to take your own advice!!

You decided to start all this not me, I merely stated an opinion, you OTOH started an argument heavily dosed with rude sarcasm. Ive been told that you most likely would like to make people react, and I can tell you that your obnoxious tone certainly does it for me, well at least it did before vovansim showed me the error of my ways and the futility of talking to you.

However if your last post was a cloaked attempt to apologise for your behaviour then I can accept it, but come out of the closet and say so if you want to.

Comment

Mellian you would do well to take your own advice!!

You decided to start all this not me, I merely stated an opinion, you OTOH started an argument heavily dosed with rude sarcasm. Ive been told that you most likely would like to make people react, and I can tell you that your obnoxious tone certainly does it for me, well at least it did before vovansim showed me the error of my ways and the futility of talking to you.
                      Like you, that person doesn't know me to well. I am also still trying to figure out how one can hear my "tone" by reading text.

If one could seriously hear my tone, you wouldn't so easilly taken offence.

However if your last post was a cloaked attempt to apologise for your behaviour then I can accept it, but come out of the closet and say so if you want to.
                      which last post...one before this? I am not the one who started arguing, i just created this thread to ask people to STOP being annoying, to stop posting unrelated OOCs (especially without putting OOC and being complaints) in our story threads, and so on. That is not asking for an argument

then the idea that you keep making assumptions base on little...or thinking that i have a peticular 'tone' in my posts, is quite silly. Also the idea that i am specifically flaming or insulting anyone is just as silly. I rather resolve something then stupidly insult someone... and if i wanted to actually insult someone, you'll definatly know.

anyway, already said sorry

-Mellian

Comment

Grow up Mellian and just go back to your Empire story.

I definitely wont be bothering to respond to you in this thread again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellian

which last post...one before this? I am not the one who started arguing, i just created this thread to ask people to STOP being annoying, to stop posting unrelated OOCs (especially without putting OOC and being complaints) in our story threads, and so on. That is not asking for an argument

-Mellian
                          Let's look at this in a logical way shall we? You, mellian, say that you started this thread to stop arguing. Your first post is complaining about us complaining about you starting so many redundant apolyton empire threads. You try to fix the problem of us being unhappy about your many threads by starting another thread!!!. Even you, in all your arrogance and self-righteousness, must admit that what you did was blatant flaming.

this is mellian flaming away, except the smile should be a grimace of course
                          Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

YEEEE HAA go get em Dubya

Comment

Chrisius, I agree with what you are saying, I mean Mellian why the hell do you have to start a thread at the most inapropriate times.

Its annoying,stupid,annoying,idiotic,annoying,a waste of time and annoying.
                              If at first you don't suceed, Quit and play minesweeper for a bit!!

Comment

ANYBODY that brings this discussion up again is going to get restricted. If you don't like a particular story thread... IGNORE IT. sigh...
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X