Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land of the Brave: The Celt's tale

Babaylon was marching.
    This would not have concerned Brennus under common circumstances, it happened a world away, if Asia Minor became consumed by war what mattered it to him?
    He had recently signed a Mutual Protection Pact with them.
    The Celts had never known war, it was true that skirmishes between their warriors and the barbarians that plauged the Americas had been common in days of old, but these were modern times, and that had never really been war.
    Still Brennus looked hopefully into the eyes of the future, the persians were a rival for the South Pacific. New Entremont had been long established on Australia, longer than the Persian colony there the Celts by now had added two more cities on Australia, with plans to subjugate the untouched land of Guinea to the north. If war came it would give Brennus liscence to claim all of Australia, to seize the Persian islands. It wasa golden opprotunity. He reached for his phone and called the courthouse of New Alesia, where the governor of that Australian city presided.
    "I need that Airport, spare no expense, but your nation needs it."
    After a few feeble excuses the governor caved, and proceeded to pour from the nation's wealth those funds required to pay the overtime of the workers who would build it. The Governor went to sleep wondering why it was so urgent.

-

The Tanks were flying in. An endless row of supply planes flew desperately to Alesia to releive themselves of the metallic behemoths they had brought from the distant Americas. Alarich grinned hopefully. The Persians had made a great mistake in their African offensive. The Celts could easily outproduce any other nation of Earth, they had built an empire from the Cape of South America to Hudson's bay, all the way to the distant deserts of Australia. Alarich had full confidence in Celtia's ability to conqure. He took command of the tanks quickly upon landing and hey rolled out, fatefully to battle the Persian menace, a continent away.

Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

One of the first stories with the new civs in from PTW, and an interesting start.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

way to sneak a NES map in SKILORD, that's so cool
      Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals....except the weasel -Homer
      Who's up for some scroungin'? -Homer

Comment

Why the two at once:

These stories are a duet, they both convey the same message, though they are antitheses of each other. One is the Story of a great empire, one of a diminuitive kingdom, one world is war torn, another is peaceful. One story is a nation's fall from grace, another is of a nation's ascent to civilized living from modern barbarism.

In one story evil will triumph, in another good will persevere, i won both games.
        Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Chapter Two: The Forging of the Iron Fist

The riflemen hurried behind every wall they could find, desperately hoping to capture some small measure of protection as the Tanks pushed forward, never stopping. Bullets were of little effect, though the projectiles that came from the tanks seemed to devastate their lines wherever they chose to fall. A group of ancient warriors, their axes held high, ran to the south, hoping for protection where the barbarian kings ruled. Tanks shot after them with unmatchable speed. The warriors never escaped the gently sloping hills, which drank their blood eagerly. A man begging to be allowed to surrender was cut down as quickly as one who stood proudly by his home, defending his property to the last. A pathetic fleet of tiny ships set sail, forcing their way to a better fate. They found no such fate, only a large, ancient Ironclad, waiting to devour them.

-

Brennus's fist closed over the precious stone, the first shipment of gems from distant Australia had arrived. Reports sat on his desk of countless victoies, the Persian Indies were under constant attack frtom the sky, that was as he would have it, the Persians scattering in terror before his merciless bombers. A transport in the Coral sea was being harassed by Persian bombers. Brennus frowned, picking up the phone and dialing the Air Marshall, a swift command to perserve air superiority in the South pacific was greeted enthusiastically, the supreme commander of the Celtic Airforce had been waiting for an opprotunity to test the newly developed Jets.

-

A rocket was set free, though the bomber never suspected it. The fighter dropped out of the clouds to face it's enemy, who seemed displeased at the company. The antiquated bomber attempted pathetic manuvers, designed to keep bullets from flaying the ship.

The rocket didn't care. Soon the burning hulk of the once threatening ship was visible to bombers unlike it, on their way northwest.

Comment

Great combat scenes! Keep it up.

Comment

Yes Skilord both are excellent keep it up.

BTW Tom when can we expect to see some more from your good self ?
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I finally got some time to catch up on the stories here, and I must say, it is very nice to read another story by you, SKILORD. Keep the goods coming please

I'm off to read the other story of yours.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

I've been trying to write each story a chapter at the same time, i promise this story gets the next chapter.

Comment

Well, like I said in the other thread, Skilord, it's not the quantity that counts - it's the quality. You can always finish the second story when you are done with one of them.

Oh, and BTW, I see you didn't post these stories on the other forum. Not enough feedback? Heh, I think I see a pattern here. The people are migrating from CF to 'Poly. Oh, good, maybe we'll have more stories here.
                    Spore page

Comment

Well i told them i was going on strike because there was no feedback, they didn't seem to care, which hurt because i consider CFC my home forums.

I'm going to continue to write them simultaniously, but will take more time to ensure the utmost quality. Those who give feedback deserve that their wishes be acnowledged at least.

Comment

I write a beautiful chapter and then the gamespy installation changes the page, loosing my work forever.

Comment

That can't be fun... That's why I use word (or notepad)
                          Spore page

Comment

Friggin' Gamespy
                            Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals....except the weasel -Homer
                            Who's up for some scroungin'? -Homer

Comment

Hurry up SKILORD please.

Comment

Working...
                              X