The New World's Forbidden Palace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New World's Forbidden Palace

I started playing as the Indians (I love war elephant) in a self-made map, I put 7 extra civs.

I've to show us briefly how is the map:

=THE MAP=

There are 4 continents: Main, Near, Northern & Lost

The first ("Main") is a huge amount of subcontinents connected by deserts or tiny land lines, there are lots of barbarians in deserts and jungles, so is really dangerous. "Near" is... Near of Main, that's all (it has in an island a uranium source). Northern is also near of Main, but with the difference that is FULL of barbarians and nobody starts here, it has all the Uranium sources that are near to "Main".
    "Lost" is far away of the rest, but is a "perfect land", no barbarians (except in a near isle), all the resources, full of goody huts, cows in a lot of places... But is sooo far so is a bit boring.

Main is the bigger, followed by Northern, Lost and Near.

=ANCIENT AGE=

Well, I started in a plains/grassland area, well provided of settlers (thanks goody huts!) I expanded constantly closing by borders all the civs, and inmedietaly creating temples and courthouses. Then I started creating militar units and build wonders.

During this period I had diplomatic treaties with America, Japan and Germany. This last one appeard in my southern area. I've to tell that my civ is divided in two great areas, northern limited by mountains and jungles, connected to south by a narrow land path, and southern, smaller, but with Ivory, and with difference the densiest area.

Japan expanded to the east and connected to the other great empire: China. Also Japan culturally is more powerful than America, so America rested reduced to the coastal cities.

Due to this, America started an expansion to the north ("Northern" barbarians killed all the invaders until late game) and invaded some small islands, also created a second area in the south of China. The tension was great, due that America and China divided a great oasis-like area, full of species.

During this, I explored all "Main" an "Near" coastliens, finding Zulus in Near (very belicous!), Iroquois (a great one, in the southeastern of Main), France (pathetic, only the capitol in non-desert terrain) and Aztec Empire (another pathetic one, but not as France). At this moment, I strated to push up France givin to it money (NEVER to NOBODY advances!!!), creating from the nothing a medium empire. But France doesn't enter in war, so a useless tactic.

=RENAISSANCE AGE=

Due that I know the map, it was a bit like cheat... But something strange happened. I find that NOBODY was in "Lost", and another civ builded the lighthouse. Worried I put at the maximum at science and I obtained the needed advances. I builded 10 ships and I strated a route of transporting workers (I had 60 in the best moments) and setlers. Tons of units changed of area in a few turns.

The other civs, specially aztecs strated to colonize "Lost" by the other coast, so I strated a war and I send my troops by the sea, I razed their cities and finally obatined the control of all the continent.

=INDUSTRIAL AGE=

With the end of Lost conflicts, the peace reappeared, but with more tensions than ever.

I had a big problem, I had Civ III 1.0 and "Lost" is REALLY far, so the corruption was 99%. I created a city (my "Lost" capitol) spending lots of money in factories and coal plants. With all I obtained 3 shields (in a cow-full land, mines, factories, everything = 3 shields!!!) and I started my so needed Forbidden Palace.

During this period, my small southern neighbour (Germany) joined an alliance againist me with the huge Japan and the Americans, I used this to absorb all Germany, but in the north the war was incredible, tons of japanese units, but my army was so advanced, I resisted and some 3/4 cities swapped from one and another hands in some years, but all OK, the main area was unaffected.

Germany was reduced to two unconnected cities in the great inner deserts of Main. Finally it disappeared invaded by China.

=MODERN AGES=

The tension collapsed here, wars and more wars, everybody tried to kill me or attack Lost, so I put a total of 20 charge ships changing constantly the militar units from a continent to the other one (Lost, with 17 cities, produced a total of 19 shield adding ALL the cities!). A nightmare!

Something happened here, a terrible thing showed in the minimap! The other civs destroyed ALL the barbarians in Northern and they strated building tactical nukes!!!! In a few years all the world had some nukes. Including the pathetic french.

But finally the ***** Forbidden Palace construction ended, Lost capitol strated to relese all the corruption and the power of 17 cities with ALL the improvements built (spending tons of money) created an incredible amount of knowledge and gold. I build ICBMS in ALL the cities and strated a kill-invading techinque, razing ALL the cities. But the others started the same and my cities in "Main" blow up, tons of soldiers appeared and a constant climate changing cicle started. But not all was ... heheh... "Lost"!! I moved Lost troops with my 20 transport and launched the ICBM, in a few oment all Main blow up and with the units I razed ALL the "Main" civs.

But... I forgot something... "Near"! The zulus started invading "Lost" and a terrible land/air war happened. I send my troops to zululand and launched my remaining ICBMs, I razed all teh zulu cities and defated the armies in lots, but in the battle I nuked 3 my-created cities in Lost that was under zulu control.

With this, I strated a "cleaning map" campaign, and in a few turns more, I won.

A bloody end, yes, but total domination was the unique possibility that I allowed in the game options.

I've to say that this game was too much for me, now in Game Option I allow the spacship. I artificial but always is better than imagine all these strategies.

Whew... What do you think?
    Last edited by XarXo; August 10, 2002, 17:09.
    Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Re: The New World's Forbidden Palace

Originally posted by XarXo
    I've to say that this game was too much for me, now in Game Option I allow the spacship. I artificial but always is better than imagine all these strategies.

Whew... What do you think?
    Hey, you don't have to resort to the boring, brainless spaceship to win. Making strategies (and stories) is more interesting and it makes you smarter. Don't you think it's more fun to fight than just wait turn after turn for something to build and then the game ends?
    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Working...
    X