No announcement yet.

Civ3 Stories in the Apolyton Directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 Stories in the Apolyton Directory?

First of all, if you havent heard about the Apolyton Directory see the directory itself http://apolyton.net/dir and it's faq http://apolyton.net/forums/misc.php?action=faq&page=9

Now, would you find it helpfull to have the stories posted here archived and perhaps categorized in a special category of the Directory?

It would allow for a more organized archival, reviews/comments always separated from the stories and even votes, although i dont think anyone here would be writing in order to just get a good vote

I know we have the Stories page on the civ3 section(and i know i need to update it ) but that is and will be only for the contests

looking forward to you feedback
    Last edited by MarkG; August 2, 2002, 12:01.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Great idea. I'm all for it.

Comment

all the ones who made it to the semi-finals maybe?

Comment

i'm talking about all stories, regardless of the contests

Comment

even the bad ones?

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

would you include uncompleted stories?could be a good incentive to the writers to complete their masterpieces.
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

for the sake of readers i dont think uncompleted stories should be included

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  for the sake of readers i dont think uncompleted stories should be included
                  Damn! My story is taking forever! Time to start a new thread, I supose....
                  "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                  - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

so, any ideas on subcategories?

Comment

They could be organized first by date, and then under each date catagory the could be alpgebetized first by story title, and then again by the author's name. This would be relatively simple and allow for fairly quick reference and stuff for people who are looking for works by a specfic author, or who are just trying to find a specific story and know either the author or the title, but not both.

Kman
                      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

i'm talking about categorization based on the content

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          i'm talking about categorization based on the content
                          I see....
                          well, thats tough. Without thinking about it Id have some of the following catagories:

War (the most prevelant, by far)

Comedy

Love

Action

Drama (im not aware of any, but Im fairly new to this forum)

Epic

Poetry (Im not aware of any of these either, but if there are none Im sure some may be made in the future)

Other (verto is thinking of doing a story told through news paper like articles. stuff like that could go here)

Comment

i havent read for some time, but we have love stories?

Comment

This is the only one I know of and Im not even sure if it is completely a love story, but thats not to say more have been written in the past or more might be written in the future. Here is a link, Im pretty sure this is the one Im thinking of.
                              Amy's Story, by Bella Hella

Comment

Working...
                              X