Story Contest Round 12: Semifinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Contest Round 12: Semifinals

Since cbraund declined civman2000's offer, I suppose I may as well take up the slack since civman didn't say I shouldn't

Hopefully, I'm doing this right:

1- Mr. Lincoln's War by Stormin' Norman
    2-The Plight of One Worker by Insane_Ike
    3-“Es Frater Meus, Et Es Inimicus Meus” (“You Are My Brother, And You Are My Enemy”) by TheGuitarist
    4-Organised Chaos(Dangerous Games 4) by cbraund
    5-Past the Brink of Catastrophe by Jaguar Warrior
    6-Six Degrees of Seperation by Velociryx
    -The Ghost of Thermopolie by Lord Zalzabad.
    8-Desparate Defenses by The Almighty Bob

-
    Apologies, I'll edit this when I can, but I can't find Jaguar Warriors story.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Thanks for starting this contest, DarkCloud, but I was wondering when the poll closes.

Comment

I was hoping The Plight of One Worker and Six Degrees of Separation weren't going to be in the same contest as they are two great stories.

Comment

dnassman- you can vote for both if you like.
        Hmm... I'll check the rules and view it on that day- I didn't set a deadline, but I knew there was one.
        I think it's 3 days.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

4. Once 8 seconded nominations are obtained, a preliminary round with unlimited voting (checkboxes) is created to last for 5 days.
          5. After 5 days, the top 4 are transferred to a final poll with radio buttons which lasts 4 days. In the case of ties in the preliminaries, all of the stories that are tied for the 3rd and/or 4th spots go into the finals.
          6. In the case of a tie in the finals, there will be a 2-day runoff vote. If there is still a tie, the two stories share the award.
          So... 5 days
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Okay thanks DarkCloud. Poll ends August 2nd!

Comment

DarkCloud - but if both stories make it to the final round where previously only one could be chosen then it would be difficult to choose. I already voted for both in this round.

Comment

I understand now... That is troubling... Well, they will both receive some honor if they place 1-2.

Mark,Dan,Ming- could one of you please top this thread?
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Hey, it's not that I'm not honored to be running in freaking third place and all but uhmmm...what the hell do you win if you win a story contest?

I'm just curious.
                  Remember kids, whether you're having sex with a midget or molesting a confused goat; always wear a hardhat.

Comment

I believe first prize is a discount in the Apolyton store.

Comment

At least it used to be... I'm not sure if that's still in season

#2 and #3 get listed on the Civ III-Stories page, accessable from apolyton, and nothing else

Good Luck all

(Once again, Mark- please top this thread!
                      If you can't make it, send RAH and his mighty ferrets of war )
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

It is my understanding that this contest ends today, no?

So - on to the final round!

Comment

Correct. This round of the Contest is complete.
                          Congratulations to all
                          Good luck to the winners in the finalists round
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

next time remember to put a time out on the poll
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                            X