• Show
Clear All

• SNESA 2 Awards Nominations

The Categories Are:

Most Realistic

Funniest

Most Erratic

Best Writer

Nominations will go for one week. If you wish to add a category, please just post it here with the nominee. This is different as all nominated will be put up to vote, but only the first 4 nominated will be voted on.

Current Standings

Most Realistic:
    Giovanni
    Jonny

Funniest:
    Metaliturtle
    Mr Nobody

Most Erratic:
    civman2000

Best Written Piece:
    Captain
    Last edited by Metaliturtle; July 11, 2002, 14:14.
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Question

I have a question:

Are these awards only for SNESA 2 itself or for all the stories & writers on the forum?

Comment

Just SNESA 2
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Just for SNESA2.

My choices:

Most Realistic
        Jonny

Funniest
        hmmm...Mr Nobody maybe?

Most Erratic
        civman2000

Best Writer
        Captain, no one else close

Person who added the most intrigue and other such things to make it fun:
        civman2000

Comment

I see.

Comment

civman, your new category is too close to most erratic

Comment

I'd like to nominate *clicks his fingers trying to remember*.... that guy i banned from SNESA's forever.... the 1 with the Incans......

(Checks the thread)

Crazy Bill

For most erratic
              Or maybe crazyest
              least realistic

I see you don't remember either metaliturtle
              Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Most Realistic
                Cinna

Funniest
                Metaliturtle

Most Erratic
                Metaliturtle (Plutonians?!)

Best Writer
                SKILORD's peice about the Nuclear silos and the ULS forces (and later nukes) during the first Incan war, and his peice that introduced the Genecom Virus places him in the competition against Captain..... who did one heck of a job.

So my nomination there is skilord

is it Best Written peice or best writer?
                You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Comment

PS:

neat new Avatar skilord.

the Alternate History Symbol right?
                  You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Comment

Yeah it is..... thanx for the nomination... I am unworthy.
                    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Let's see, everyone I would have nominated has already been nominated.

Comment

Let's see:

Most Erratic: civman2000

Best writer: Captain

Funniest: uhmmm..... Mr Nobody

Most Realistic: uhmmm..... Me or Jonny

Crazyest/least realistyc: Crazy Bill
                        "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                        The trick is the doing something else."
                        — Leonardo da Vinci
                        "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                        "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Hey all,

metaliturtle, thanks for starting this thread on the longest running nes yet... it was fun being a part of it while it lasted.

as for nominations:

realistic?
                          I dunno... this is hard to say. Jonny, Cinna, Giovanni have already been nominated. I'd like to add ChaotikVisions to that too. He was the UK's leader.
                          anyone who gave plans and estimated the time to completion and generally kept to their plans, as well as staying in character with paper reports and others such stuff, that's pretty realistic.
                          I think I was realistic for most of my role too, even if I managed to get through 4 major wars, lose 4 major city centres and a 1/10 of my population, create a new class of Genecom humans, unite three powerful nations, nuke a continent, win many space wars despite not having much by way of extra-terrestrial colonies, and maintain a ridiculously huge army that cost 20% of my GNP...

erratic?
                          hard to say
                          crazy bill did some insane sutff with those Incans...
                          civman2000 went all over the map with those Martians, first they're your friends, then they take over your colonies, then they're in civil war, and then they start viruses and imposters and generally go nuts... but that was kindof neat. kept you on your toes!
                          metaliturtle was possibly the biggest shocker with those plutonians, but i think he went too far because it was too much for most of us to accept and we kindof ignored those developments.
                          Iceye with those Swedes were a bit of a wildcard too, bizarre...
                          I'll leave myself out of this one, even if I did drop the largest number of nukes and start nuclear winter...

funniest:
                          that's really hard to say... our snesa was pretty straightfaced for most of it...

Best writer:
                          Thanks for the nominations! I hope I win!
                          But other ones I were impressed with were all those who wrote good newspaper style reports, plus Skilord also wrote some short stories too, and civman, and those who wrote well in character as diplomats, like ChaotikVisions, Giovanni, Jonny, and Cinna...
                          Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                          Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                          Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                          Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I'll update later, spent 6 hours trying to get on and not sure how long I can hold out

Comment

Ack unexpected trip out of town, if someone could do this until tomorrow night SKILORD maybe? I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X