Story Contest Round 10: Preliminaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Contest Round 10: Preliminaries

Poll closes Tuesday, 7/2 (this means cbraund will need to watch it for when it closes!)

Stories:
    June 4, 1942 by Jaguar Warrior
    Eyes of the innocent by Grundel
    Tarhai Triad by beno
    Destiny of Rome. by TheDarkCavalier
    In Times of War by DarkCloud
    The Epic Tale of Navalon by Kramerman
    The Charioteer's Campaigns by DarkCloud
    Oops by Metaliturtle
    June 4, 1942 by Jaguar Warrior
    13.33%
    Eyes of the innocent by Grundel
    33.33%
    Tarhai Triad by beno
    13.33%
    Destiny of Rome. by TheDarkCavalier
    6.67%
    In Times of War by DarkCloud
    6.67%
    The Epic Tale of Navalon by Kramerman
    13.33%
    The Charioteer's Campaigns by DarkCloud
    10.00%
    Oops by Metaliturtle
    3.33%

The poll is expired.

Is voting for myself allowed?
    I don't conquer -
    I obliterate

Comment

Good luck to you Dark Cavaleir. You wrote a fine story, my friend. Back in the day it was quite often the author himself that would decide the winner (usually by a vote or 2 at the most)
      'Ice cream makes computers work better! Just spoon it in..."

Comment

sure you can vote for yourself!

Comment

"Would you like to hold elections for Secretary General of the UN?"

"Hmmm - no, I think I might just wait another 30 or so years thankyou"
          DANGER! - Unexploded Civilian

Comment

man, I wish the people who were all "OOps was great" would reflect that with their voting ::metaliturtle goes off to a corner to contemplate the meaning of aluminum::
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

The great thing about Ooops(sic) is the idea of 'the mistake' (you can never be too careful with those nuclear weapons) and the tension it created about the Russian's intentions.

Rather than the cheap twist/punchline - you could have had the audience (me - in the vicinity) hanging on the bait for a bit longer.

(but I had to vote for my story - cause its GRATE)

Comment

I hope that was constructive. If it sounds patronising its probably just cause I'm still pumped up; on beer... and smokes... and just seeing the world's greatest football player of the moment score 2 great goals, AND because I just built Battle field medicine AND Wall Street in one turn.

Comment

Ah, the story contest. I read the rules and it sounds fun, though, I did originally write my story just for the 'thrill' of it .

Anyway, I've already forgotten how this works so Im gonna go back and read the rules.

Kman
                  "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                  - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

beno, you can vote for more than one in the prelims.. oh well, vote for my stories in round ten, I think I'm going to have several.
                    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Round 11 you mean, correct?
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

yeah, 11, under the influence of sleep deprivation if you all know what I mean

Comment

...I have a feeling that Grundel is going to win round 10
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Right, finals have begun!

Vote here:

Chris
                            Quote:"He who has not learned to obey cannot be a great leader."

Comment

Working...
                            X