1-June 4, 1942 by Jaguar Warrior
    2-Eyes of the innocent by Grundel
    3-Tarhai Triad by beno
    4-Destiny of Rome. by TheDarkCavalier
    5-In Times of War by DarkCloud
    6-The Epic Tale of Navalon by Kramerman
    7-The Charioteer's Campaigns by DarkCloud
    8-Oops by Metaliturtle

The nominations in bold have been seconded. Once there are 8 seconded nominations, a checkbox poll will be made, then the top 4 from that poll will advance to the final round.

The nominations process is complete!
    Last edited by civman2000; June 27, 2002, 08:29.

Aww, civman, in the poll, everyone voted to have more than 8 nominations. Its impossible to finish your story fast enough!
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

oops...there was no consensus on whether to do 12 or 16 though, and there were very few voters...and it seems that the overwhelming number of stories has slowed...maybe we could make a new poll, get it topped, make it more official, so we can be sure of the results...

Comment

I nominate eyes of the innocent and june 4, 1942

Comment

I second my story

Now I go to read Eyes of the Innocent.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

I second the Eyes of the Innocent.

Comment

I nominate my story "Tarhai Triad" and dribble at the thought of completing the second instalment ;-)
              DANGER! - Unexploded Civilian

Comment

Perhaps we should wait to 12 or so stories... merely to make the prize more alluring, and people write better stories, perhaps (that is to say, if one believes the quality has been dropping off?)

I don't think it would be detrimental for the contests to last a bit longer?
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Second Eyes of the Innocent.

Comment

second tarhai triad because of its excellent latest installment

Comment

Nomination: Destiny of Rome

Comment

Hey! Cool, my story is nominated... but what's to second a story, and how do you second a story?
                        I don't conquer -
                        I obliterate

Comment

Cavalier, if you wish to second your story, please say so- authours can second a story- in fact anyone can All you have to do is post it here

--
                          I may as well nominate my "In Times of War" story... enough people seemed to enjoy it
                          --

And another note to Cavalier- interesting premise with your story
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thx. so .. I second my story ....
                            I don't conquer -
                            I obliterate

Comment

I second In Times of War by DarkCloud
                              "Listen lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, buit I built it all the same just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these isles."
                              - Swamp King (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Comment

Working...
                              X