Story Contest Round 8: Preliminaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Contest Round 8: Preliminaries

Poll ends Tuesday (5/11), you can vote for as many as you want.

The candidates:
    A Grand Day by johncmcleod
    Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, Part II by Jaguar Warrior
    Book 1 (Dagger Of Justice Series) by High Lord J
    The Cost of War by WTE_OzWolf
    The British Expansion by petey
    The Dark Lord: Master of The Hordes of Death by The Bloody Baro
    Where the Sun Never Sets by History Guy
    The Price of Duty by KnightSabre
    A Grand Day by johncmcleod
    18.18%
    Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, Part II by Jaguar Warrior
    11.36%
    Book 1 (Dagger Of Justice Series) by High Lord J
    11.36%
    The Cost of War by WTE_OzWolf
    20.45%
    The British Expansion by petey
    9.09%
    The Dark Lord: Master of The Hordes of Death by The Bloody Baro
    9.09%
    Where the Sun Never Sets by History Guy
    11.36%
    The Price of Duty by KnightSabre
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

I voted for John because his bad story got me my first place award, Thanks John!!!
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

plus you might say his story was good (which it was, IMHO, and 83% voted for it so far!)

Comment

I actually didn't feel overly impressed with any of these stories, I've seen much better out of this forum, however for the newer people, there is a lot of potential, but because I haven't gotten to know them yet I'm gonna go Splooie and vote 4 John all through this contest
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

I like almost all...cost of war is my favorite though

Comment

Just a reminder vote for me or don't vote for anybody j/k

Good luck for all and thanks for those of you that have voted for me this is my first story and my goal is to just get into as many contests as I can.

So don't feel like you have to vote for me unless you feel like you need to continue breathing

Comment

I liked "Where the Sun Never Sets" best so far, though I also thought "Cost of War" was a close second.
              -Blackclove

Comment

Well, though I definitely want my story to win, I must say that I liked a cost of war a little bit better, but hey, look who's winning.
                "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I KNOW my story won't win but at least it got this far. By the way I wasn't on recently [I was grounded] So who seconded my story?

Comment

What happends if this 3 way tie between "Where The Sun Never Sets", "Book 1 (Dagger Of Justice Series)", and "Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, Part II" stays do we have a 3 story poll or a 5 story final

Comment

Comment

VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Comment

I forgot to vote for the grand day by johncmcleod, but I doubt that it will be in desperate need of more votes this round.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                          X