1-Time to Take Out the Trash by unscratchedfoot
    2-The Great War-English Front Ep. 1 by Ricobirch
    3-Our Secret War by GeneralTacticus
    4-Times of War and Diplomacy by johncmcleod
    5-A meeting of the great high council of Babylon by Jaguar Warrior
    6-For Better or Worse... by cbraund
    7-Closeup of a Battle (The Second Battle) by Metaliturtle
    8-Civ3-Poem by DarkCloud

The nominations in bold have been seconded. Once there are 8 seconded nominations, a checkbox poll will be made, then the top 4 from that poll will advance to the final round.

The nominations process is complete!
    Last edited by civman2000; June 16, 2002, 08:45.

When does noms end usually? Cause I hope to finish Dead and the Dying to begin one to have in this round...

Chris
    Quote:"He who has not learned to obey cannot be a great leader."

Comment

well, people have been writing a lot lately...since you've been complaining about this, maybe you caould try to make an amendment to the rules like have 12 stories in the prelims or make the prelims and finals go quicker...

Comment

Nah, the rules are fine, just I can never remember when each round ends!

Nemesis
        Quote:"He who has not learned to obey cannot be a great leader."

Comment

prelims are 5 days, finals are 4

Comment

Last edited by High Lord J; June 8, 2002, 11:55.

Comment

noms:
              our secret war
              great war english front
              time to take out the trash

Comment

I'll second Our Secret War.
                Empire growing,
                Pleasures flowing,
                Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I'll nominate my babylonian high council story.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I nominate john mcleod's new story about the british. I forgot its name.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I second "Times of War and Diplomacy" by john mcleod. Better check with him though 'cause the story is just beginning.
                      Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

second high council, nominate for better or for worse

Comment

second for better or worse
                          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

I have a question. What happens if during this process of the story contest a story is continued and the next chapter is written? You see, my story has been nominated, and I am almost complete with chapter 2. Will that change anything?
                            "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I second Time to Take out the Trash and For Better or for Worse. They are both very good so far, though if I made a choice right now it'd be Time to take out trash because for Better or Worse is just beginning, but that might change soon. Good luck to everyone, all of the stories nominated that I've read are extremely good and are better than 99% of the stories from the past 5 rounds. I won't second the English front because I haven't read it yet, so I'm not sure how good it is.
                              "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
                              X