No announcement yet.

Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre was going back into battle tonight. He would be in General Martin's army, the largest. He would meet them in the newly captured Jerusalem. Most of Israel had been liberated in the past few days, which would greatly help the Italian forces in Egypt. Any reinforcements by the Chinese there would have to go by boat now, and if they did they would be destroyed by the British Airforce. Things were looking better for America.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

It had been about six days since the battle. Nikki's ship had long been repaired, and they were preared for the next fight. This one would be harder, though. (The satellites' paths were a shallow cross, so the encounter would be about eight seconds.)

The ships were out and ready to fight. In this battle, the Chinese satellite group would be slowly moving with them on their left, but it was on a slightly different course, so it would cross the American path over to the right side.

And here they were. Marisleysis and Nikki, the bravest pilots, swerved to the left together, and staked out spots behind the Chinese battlegroup. They only had laser-fire to contend with, because the rockets could only head frontwards. When a ship began to turn around, it would be first on their hitlist.

Nikki blew out the 3rd pilot. Now there were only four left. Marisleysis gauged the threat, and then pushed the throttle. She soared upwards. Then she pulled the trottle all the way back. While she was in the nosedive, she could see that two Chinese ships were turning upwards towards her, getting ready to fire. Then she saw Nikki and Jeannie fire on them.

But both rockets had hit the same one. She had an instant's thought. Marisleysis fired all her rockets at the satellite, and prepared to take some hits.

Here they came. Four rockets. All heatseeking. All after her. It only took two to kill a ship. She crossed herself, and made her best effort to shake them off.

She dove right, gaining some time. She began to fire her laser at one of the two leading ones. She got it, but it took too long. The second one hit. It hit her laser gun. Her only defense.

The next two were coming. She was powerless. But then she saw the one on the right being fired on. Five seconds left.

four - Marisleysis saw that it was Marie's fire that was after the first missile.

three - Marie was getting through the missile's armor.

two - Marie finally forced the first of the two to explode. But still nobody had hit the other missile.

one - Marisleysis crossed herself again, closing her eyes, preparing for peace.

zero - She heard the explosion. But she barely felt it. She opened her eyes. She wasn't dead. Nikki's craft glided out from in front of her.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately this one also has gone strong until the finals, where it rolls over and dies. I have the poor man's cbraund curse.

Comment

Why are the space-fighter pilots all female, are you saying men don't make good space-fighter pilots, you sexist pig!
            Know your enemies!
            "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Lol Darkworld.

I really like this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkworld Ark
                Why are the space-fighter pilots all female, are you saying men don't make good space-fighter pilots, you sexist pig!
                Firstly, they are on average perhaps 50 pounds lighter, which means they don't need as much fuel. Second, the men are fighting on the ground, so there are less to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior

Firstly, they are on average perhaps 50 pounds lighter, which means they don't need as much fuel. Second, the men are fighting on the ground, so there are less to spare.
                  Firstly, I don't think weight would be much of a issue for space pilots, since anybody would way the same (nothing) in space.

Secondly, are you saying women make bad ground troops?

Aside from the sexist subtext, great story!
                  Last edited by Darkworld Ark; June 15, 2002, 22:55.
                  Know your enemies!

Comment

I'll answer this question to give you more time to write Jaguar.

Someone who weighs 50 pounds lighter could save a small amount of the fuel that is necessary for escaping the Earth's atmosphere. But, the real advantage of using women as pilots is that they are generally smaller in size (spacecraft can be smaller, thus lighter, thus need less fuel for launch), and they generally require less food and other resources to maintain than some men might.

Current laws in the US protect women from being drafted, so Jag is correct in saying that there would be more available women than men.

BTW: Imho, men DO make the best ground troops. Although some women have shown superior ability for combat, for the most part men are stronger and have more endurance and stamina than women.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                      I'll answer this question to give you more time to write Jaguar.

Someone who weighs 50 pounds lighter could save a small amount of the fuel that is necessary for escaping the Earth's atmosphere. But, the real advantage of using women as pilots is that they are generally smaller in size (spacecraft can be smaller, thus lighter, thus need less fuel for launch), and they generally require less food and other resources to maintain than some men might.

Current laws in the US protect women from being drafted, so Jag is correct in saying that there would be more available women than men.

BTW: Imho, men DO make the best ground troops. Although some women have shown superior ability for combat, for the most part men are stronger and have more endurance and stamina than women.
                      What about us skinny, weak little nerds, we're the same size as most women, (if not smaller) so why can't we fly a spaceship? We've also got good training from Wing Commander games.
                      Know your enemies!

Comment

DA please stop your spammish and pointless arguing

Comment

He's been pretty amusing actually...

I've learned something from this story... don't try to encompass too much. I think I did that here...

Comment

...it seems fine to me, I didn't notice any problem with "trying to encompass too much"

Comment

hey Jaguar whens the next part coming? Sorry if i seem a bit rude but i really like this story and what like to see it continue.

Comment

Its gonna be part III, which will have its first installment written when Story Contest 11 comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X