1-A Grand Day by johncmcleod
    2-Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, Part II by Jaguar Warrior
    3-Book 1 (Dagger Of Justice Series) by High Lord J
    4-The Cost of War by WTE_OzWolf
    5-The British Expansion by petey
    6-The Dark Lord: Master of The Hordes of Death by The Bloody Baro
    7-Where the Sun Never Sets by History Guy
    8-The Price of Duty by KnightSabre

The nominations in bold have been seconded. Once there are 8 seconded nominations, a checkbox poll will be made, then the top 4 from that poll will advance to the final round.

The nominations process is complete!
    Last edited by civman2000; June 6, 2002, 17:05.

Since Metaliturtle just explained to me the process and how nominating your own stories isn't cheating, I'll go ahead and nominate it. I, John McLeod, Chief of Chieftains, Lord of Lords, hereby nominate "A Grand Day" to this honorable story contest, with the intention and hope it will win.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I second that and nominate the cost of war, dagger of justice, and above and beyond the call of duty II

Comment

My story is not finished but it appears that doesn't really matter. I guess I will second "Power Gained & Power Lost of The Dagger of Justice Series". I would also like to nominate "The British Expanison"
        Last edited by High Lord J; June 4, 2002, 06:24.

Comment

I second "The Cost of War", "The British Expansion" and "Above and Beyond the Call of Duty II".

I also nominate OzWolf's latest "The Iron War" unless he doesn't want it running against "The Cost of War".

Chris
          Quote:"He who has not learned to obey cannot be a great leader."

Comment

Wow, 1 post and my story is seconded! How do you know I'm not going to use the rest of my story to go into detailed descriptions of fir trees?

I second the cost of war by the ozwolf.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Sorry cbraund...but "Generations" (which includes "The Iron War") won the first of the civman's story contests
              Oooh! Pretty flashing red button! * PUSH *

Comment

If it is isn't too late I'd like to nominate my story The Dark Lord Master of The Hordes of Death. It probalbly won't be seconded though.

Comment

nom: where the sun never sets

Comment

Thanks Civman! I must start cracking to get this (short!) story done by the election then. The last part is going to be the most interesting bit.
                    Empire growing,
                    Pleasures flowing,
                    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I'd like to second where the sun never sets.

Comment

Looks like I'll be sitting this one out, I'll only just have finished The Dead and the Dying by the time this one goes to prelims...

Suppose I'll just have a rest

Anyway, good luck to all those running!

Chris
                        Quote:"He who has not learned to obey cannot be a great leader."

Comment

I'll nominate The Price of Duty.
                          Empire growing,
                          Pleasures flowing,
                          Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I nominate The Cost of War by WTE_OzWolf
                            AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                            Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                            Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

seconded!

Comment

Working...
                              X