Story Contest Round 6: Preliminaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Contest Round 6: Preliminaries

Poll ends sunday (6/2). you can vote for as many as you want.
    Patriots and Tyrants(Dangerous Games III) by cbraund
    22.22%
    Ludicrous Adventures in the land of Deer (a musical comedy) by Metaliturtle
    7.41%
    Decision at Tarentum by unscratchedfoot
    0.00%
    Enter the Yamato by unscratchedfoot
    11.11%
    The Struggle for Power (Part 2: Of Freindship and War) by Civ3King
    3.70%
    Amy's Story by Bella Hella
    22.22%
    Above and Beyond the Call Of Duty by Jaguar Warrior
    11.11%
    The Hidden Dagger by cbraund
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

Damn, can someone edit the poll or something to add a vote to Above and Beyond the Call of Duty? I was going to vote for that one as well, but I missed it in the list!

Chris
    Quote:"He who has not learned to obey cannot be a great leader."

Comment

oops...I'll remember that, and if the one vote makes a difference about it getting to the finals I'll count it

Comment

WOW, my first contest with only one in the Prelims
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

so much for your stories not competing, cbraund...they're the top two so far!

Comment

oh well, it'd be cool if he got a 1st place tie, then he'd get double the prizes
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Hmmm...where is MarkG? He read my pms but didnt make a news update or change the topped threads...

Comment

probably enjoying a good orgy.

Comment

I didn't mean for my story to be in the story contest yet, but I looked yesterday, and there I was with a seconded nomination already. But since I've made the finals, I'll stay with it.

Maybe, since my story's gonna be long, I'll split into 2-3 parts.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

you haven't made the finals yet! The prelims go until sunday, although your story is 3rd place and will probably make it to the finals...

Comment

doh! I've got to learn the difference between "This poll is closed" and "You have already voted on this poll."

I hope I place 2nd in the finals, to garner more attention for my story's second thread. (coming somewhere around friday) I don't want to, and will not place ahead of dangerous games, which was a really good story.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

My predictions:

Finalists (in order they will finish):
                        1. Above and Beyond the Call Of Duty
                        2. Patriots and Tyrants(Dangerous Games III)
                        3. The Hidden Dagger
                        4. Amy's Story
                        5. Enter the Yamato

Yes I don't think DGIII will win, even though it's probably the best of the five. In previous contests more recent stories have done better because they were better known. DGIII was an excellent story but (I think) was already completed when the nominations began, and was only in this one instead of the 5th because cbraund didn't want it competing with DGII.

Comment

Originally posted by cbraund
                          Damn, can someone edit the poll or something to add a vote to Above and Beyond the Call of Duty? I was going to vote for that one as well, but I missed it in the list!

Chris
                          I voted for both of your stories too.

There wasn't any arrangement, by the way.

Comment

vote people only one day left!

Comment

Yay, I'm in the finals! But I am also taking my finals, so part II of my story will be delayed until I finish them on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X