• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolution Born Domination

"Chaos among order is funny, Order among Chaos is Dangerous"
    -Steve Martin
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author's note: This is my first shot at an epic, CB, I would appreciate tons of criticism from you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark hated his cell, why did he follow the Revoltarian party's advice? Here he was, rotting away in his cell, while more prominent party members were out drinking and having a good time?

Then the images came to him, they flashed in front of his face like old film strips, only for split seconds. The flashes got longer, it was him, only much older. He was standing in front of a gargantuan building, in the courtyard before him, millions chanted, "KING!", "CONQUEROR!", "IMMACULATE!", above him a flag with his family seal emblazend onto an azure background flowed in the wind, along with hundreds of the same flag. Only one was different, the flag of the United States, and Mark knew why...

"MARK GET UP!"

His sentence was up, he was free to go, and he had a vision.

The media circus outside of the prison surprised Mark. His Revoltarians apparently hadn't forgotten him, and since his imprisonment, had made him almost a living, political, martyr.

"SPEECH" someone shouted.

Mark stopped, he had prepared for this day.

"Our Democracy is a joke! The people in Washington who call themselves the governing body are corrupt, and the fact that I was thrown in jail signifies their own willingness to disobey the Constitution! The time has come for a new government, the creation of which, our current government allows for, should the people believe it is better for the nation as a whole. Do YOU think it's better?!"

The crowd erupted into fits of hell yeah, and was growing quicly, Mark moved onto the prison steps so he could be heard by more people.

"I am calling forth to all Americans who wish for a better America to join me and my party, in getting completely new representation in congress and a better future for us and our children!"

At this, Mark got into the car waiting for him, and rode off to the enthusiastic cheers of the crowd.

Lincoln was not pleased.

"I thought you put enough dirt on this guy to bury him permanently?!"

"We couldn't have forseen a pardon, and with our vice president's recent scandals, there is no way we can beat this man in national popularity, and the citizens are taking up arms to back him."

"You mean?"

"Yes Mr. President, we are looking at the second American Revolution, most of our industrial centers do support him, although there are factions of white supremacists like the KKK, Minnesota Militia, and the Aryan Nations, who back you and the flag 100%"

"Damn, this is going to turn into a race thing, and I'm going to be the racist, God I hate being a politician.

At the revoltarian headquarters in beautiful Sun Prairie, WI, it was decided that Mark should run for president, and exploit Lincolns newfound racist tendencies.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    End Part 1, I NEED FEEDBACK
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Its Great

Comment

Heheheh... Revolt! Revolt! Revolt! Revolt! Revolt! Revolt!

Time for a good ol' Communist revolution! 1917 style

Comment

great epic! I never thought that you could write something so serious but so rich after CGW

Comment

Wisconsin is the progressive state, after all.

I like how we only get glimpses at the bigger picture, which should become clearer as the story unfolds. I want to know about this "revolution!"

Good use of scene cuts, too.

Comment

Thanks Rotten, Civman, Jongon, and yes, even Sovy, even though this won't be a communist revolution, sorry sovy
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Part 2, Power Achieved

"Even Hitler started in prison" -Mr. Riggins, AP United States History Teacher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Author's note: Although I'm using my real name "Mark" as well as names of my friends, that is about as far as we go, the rest is based on various historical accounts of the Nazi party, a really cool culture battle in Civ 3, and discussions with some of my more intelligent friends about the best way to take over the world from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin.
              Once again, this is my first epic... ENJOY

Tyson was excited, his best friend since 8th grade, Mark, was running for president, and Tyson was now chosen as Mark's runningmate.

"We're sure to win after that scandal, and the whole racist Lincoln administration."

"I hope so."

The door opened up slowly, Mark's messenger, Scott, looked flustered.

"Umm, Mark?"

"Yes Scott"

"Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois have seceded from the United States, and are pledging allegience to you."

"Excellent"

A new flagpole was added to the United Nations, and the Azure flag of the Revoltarians was raised for the first time in history.
              Byers was pumped up, and he looked obedient in his new bodyguard's uniform. Mark had since won the presidential election, and was beginning reforms that pleased the voters. Unfortunately, the islands and territories of the United States stayed Loyal to Lincoln, Mark would let them rot for a while.

"Lieutenant!!"

"YES SIR!" Byers straightened up even more.

"At the ready, you have been transferred to the invasion force!"

"Invasion force? I was just made a bodyguard"

"And you will be one when you return from your invasion of Canada."

Two weeks later, the Canadian flag was lowered, and The azure flag had risen.

From White House 2, in islandy Guam, Lincoln assembled his new cabinet.

"As you all know, I am only the president of the United Islands of America now. It may not seem like he's doing anything wrong now, his excuse for invading Canada was flawless, but as soon as I catch him, the better the world will be for all of us"

The Revoltarian emmisary to Mexico asked for an annexation of Mexican territory, Mexico accepted to spare itself from the fate of Canada.

That evening, the Mexican Flag was lowered, and a Revoltarian flag was flying conspicuously in it's place.

Comment

Very good! You asked me to criticise, well I can't find anything wrong at the moment!

So very excellent indeed!

Nemesis

PS: IF you liked Dangerous Games, read my latest, it will be up soon, and let's just say it's set in Greece and has some old friends in it!
                Quote:"He who has not learned to obey cannot be a great leader."

Comment

things are happening a bit quickly...and a bit unbelievably. But pretty good, keep writing!

Comment

I've got some good ideas for the European Struggle, as well as South America, but Canada and Mexico just have to go first.

Comment

I dun like the part where Canada gets annexed

Comment

Moving Southward

"For a ruler's success, he must first retain the support of the people he governs." -Zhuge Liang in Romance of the Three Kingdoms

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Update:

The Democratic Dominion of Mark, as the new Revoltarian United States was now called, encompassed All of North and Central America, and the people all supported it. In Mexico, a minimum wage was brought, making the people forget most of their history as it was basically a 5000% Raise to them. The smaller republics of Central America just voted to be annexed, and Mark was more than happy to have them. At the U.N. Building, a total of Eleven flags were the DDM Azure flag, with the new addition of Mark's family crest emblazened upon it. Meanwhile, Lincoln was adding to his new Island Empire with some unexpected friends.
                        Havana Cuba raised a great cheer, the Americans were lifting the embargo upon their country, and they were now being put under a democratic rule by their leader, Castro.

"...And so, we must do Everything in our power to stop the Swine of the DDM from taking over the world"

"America and Cuba are UNITED!!!!"

Mark had the Cuban Flagpole destroyed, and in its place planted an attractive shrubbery

Byers was in Panama, rebuilding the canal to give DDM the stranglehold that the United States once held over global shipping, this canal, he knew, would be instrumental for his new naval Juggernauts.

"General Byers!"

"At ease Sargeant"

"The canal process is taking longer than expected, please be advised, there is a girl named Collette outside, attempting to go UNDER the landmass in a submarine."

"She's not very bright, is she?"

"No sir, her submarine has a screen door"

Mark was ecstatic, his Dominion was now the Largest Nation on earth, even though the United Islands of America still retained most of the Air and Naval Power. It was time for a meeting with his most trusted Domination Advisors, Page, Bricker, Douglas, and Tyson.

Page and Bricker, two guys who thought very similar on most issues believed that the best course of action would be to destroy the European Union, Russia, or China, and from there begin a conquest of Eurasia.

Doug said that fighting land wars in Asia never worked, and was for Europe or Africa after the domination of South America.

Tyson didn't care, and he took a nap
                        South America didn't hold out for long, the peoples there wanted better leadership, and Marks Worldwide minimum wage policy was very enticing. Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina all revolted before troops could even get there. What happened in the smaller countries? That will be determined in our next chapter.

Comment

GIMME FEEDBACK OR THE THREAD DIES

Comment

*Gives a compliment*

Your story, mmmm...

Needs more Beans.

Comment

Chilean Wanderings

Surprise is the key to winning a war, surprise also pisses me off. - Kodey
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Byers had the new Panama Canal constructed, (and Collett's head chopped off) he was put in command of the South American Campaign. Byers was a smart one, he knew that if he just treated the annexed countries well, the others would soon join.

Lincoln's plan was perfect, his new Cuban Army was ready for Operation: New America. A plan that would gain the rest of South America, and give Lincoln a physical foothold from which to strike Mark's bastardized democracy.

"Lincoln sir!"

"What is it?"

"We have taken the bean fields of Chile"

"So you're saying we have Chile beans?"

"Yes sir"

"Great, let's make burritos"

Lincoln made poisonous burritos and sent them to Mark and his advisors under the guise of a Taco Bell mixup.

"These are good burritos sir, but one thing bothers me."

"What's that Cy?"

"Since WHEN does Taco Bell deliver?"

"DAMN, I knew this tasted poisonous, get my universal antidote"

He shot himself up and was fine, Cy, however, wasn't so lucky, he was too fat, so the antidote did not work on him. Mark didn't like Cy, so he rolled Cy up in a burrito and sent him back to Chile.

The transport rocked slowly up and down, Mikey was wondering what the hell he was doing heading towards Europe. They told him it was a "peaceful cruise for unity," it felt to Mikey like when the "Cultural Correction" program had been initiated, and that meant war.

Douglas's plan had been approved, and he had been put in charge of the European invasion flotilla. In Mark's deception, all of the warships bore the white flag of peace, and traveling in the relatively calm water, looked very passive indeed. This was just what the Democratic Dominion had needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X