Story COntest Round 3: Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story COntest Round 3: Finals

Poll ends Sunday (5/5). C'mon people vote only 11 voters were in the prelims!

Overview of the stories/writers:
    cbraund: He has 2 entries, One lovely war and fate of a dragon. He has written many stories including Ich bin ein berliner (1st contest died in prelims) and the hunting season (2nd place in the 2nd contest). He has yet to win a contest but came in second in the 2nd contest.

Metaliturtle: CGW may b e the funniest story in the history of apolyton. His first story, it is full of laughs and the favorite of many. He has now written many stories and had a second in the prelims. CGW will probably be neck-and-neck with Fate of the Dragon.

Samuel Johnson: Never heard of him until his story "Zulu Rules", and after writing it disappeared. AN excellent story from a relative nobody.
    One Lovely War by cbraund
    0.00%
    Crazed Greek Wanderings by Metaliturtle
    50.00%
    Zulu Rules by Samuel Johnson
    25.00%
    Fate of The Dragon by cbraund
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

If CGW wins, I'll post the secret "real" ending, now THAT's a teaser Richelieu
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
      If CGW wins, I'll post the secret "real" ending, now THAT's a teaser Richelieu
      I call that blackmail!
      What?

Comment

60% of the votes are for CGW...

Comment

The problem with CGW is that it degraded into what it began as, a historical representation, I fixed this through characters, but even they get really stale. The best element for these stories in my mind, is author's interest, and without it, the story suffers.
          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

VOTE VOTE VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!

Comment

CGW comes with a prize
              CGW! CGW! CGW!

CRAZED GREEK WANDERINGS 4 LIFE

Comment

zulu rules is beating fate of the dragon!

Comment

zulu rules was better IMVVVHNBPO (in my very very very humble non-biased (yea right) Personal Opinion

Comment

Thanks for the kind words about Zulu Rules - it was fun to write and got me out of another writer's block for something else I am writing - Thanks to whomever voted for my story,too.

Civman, I am not a relative nobody. I am a irrelevant somebody!

I have an idea for a new story but then after trying to create a game that would fit the story, it didn't work. Zulu Rules was based on a random type game and then I wrote the story. I'm not sure which is the best model - think up an idea and then play a game or play a game and let the Muse go with the flow.

I am reading a book right now that Civ story writers might dig - it's called "Stonehenge: 2000 B.C." by (I believe) Bernard Cornwell. Anyway, its an author's imagining based on both what we know about Stoneheng and his own ideas, how Stonehenge was built. The story follows three brothers - one is the warrior, the other the priest/sorceror and the other is the trader/builder.
                    The warrior (the old brother, figures) is an a-hole, the priest is delusional and supersmart at the same time and the trader/builder is the hapless hero.

Anyway, cool sh*t! See ya.

Comment

7 and a half hours left...

Comment

Well, according to my GMT thingy, I won, so I'll have the real conclusion to the wanderings up in a day or so

Comment

HAHA, It's up now, and I just read it, yay, I'm so happy no more crazed greek wanderings one, it be done!!

Comment

yes congrats

Comment

thankye civman

Comment

Working...
                              X