Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An anonymous Greek soldier's story PART IV

...continued from PART III...

Seventh day in the Barracks. All of the new recruits were almost ready to collapse from tireness, both physical and psychological. We couldn't see our families nor to relax a bit. The war was still growing, as a result we didn't have the luxury of relaxation. We should be ready to fight as soon as possible.

The news from the front weren't so encouraging this time. The troops around Herakleia and Delphi were suffering great casualties, as the enemy was continuasly reinforcing it's troops. The II Infantry division lost the half of it's manpower, the regiment of Herakleia had also many men lost and Delphi's artillery battalion lost a battery of cannons which were captured by the enemy. These were the good news, Japan was concentrating armoured divisions and infantry across the north borderline of Greece. Plus there were airspace violation from the Japanese fighters. In Greece Air Force wasn't deployed in whole of the country as the discover of flight was recent in Greece and the GAGS had only 2 fighter squadrons. One in Athens and one in Sparta which were both built in the east Greek coastline which was far from both the borders with Japan and Russia.

The Japanese's army mobilization forced the GAGS to cancel the III's Tank division transfer to Herakleia and ordered it to redeploy on it's previous position. The XVI Infatry division, was still at the half of the way to the Greek-Russian front.

In the Barracks, we were all being feared of the worse. To transfer us in the front. We weren't veterans, nor warriors. We were a bach of peaceful people who had no idea of warfare and battle.

...to be continued...
    I tan i epi tas

Hint (same one I got when I first turned up): Place all of this in the one post in the future...
    Oooh! Pretty flashing red button! * PUSH *

Comment

I already gave the same hint on the 5th part...but he put em all up so quickly it's almost already too late

Comment

Working...
      X