What happend to the stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happend to the stories?

What happend to all the stories you creative people made, they are one of the main reasons I come to the site

Why dont you check out the stories forum.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

there aren't any new ones

Comment

So make your own...

Comment

Good idea except for the fact that I can't write stories worth crap, but I'll try so you can see.

Comment

I think a lot of people stopped playing the game. A lot of those inclined to write the stories want to play on a world map and got very frustrated when you couldn't do it. I myself have just come back to Civ3, refuse to download the 1.17 patch based on the obvious, glaring bugs and just got Marla's map (which, especially in it's current incarnation where it takes nothing to set the start locations properly THANK YOU MARLA!!!).

There are still huge problems with the game, and while these could be overlooked the first several times one played the game, they became increasingly frustrating as one tried to play more. And basically *A LOT* of people just got annoyed and gave up on the game. Maybe if it's fixed you'll see more stories... maybe not.

Interestingly, Marla's large Earth map has slowed tech to an absolute crawl! Haven't figured out why that is yet... I think that the tech settings have been changed a bit too much, but I'll have to play further to be sure. Also, because the map is *so* big, it virtually requires other changes to units and things to make it work properly, but it actually makes the game a heck of a lot closer to what Civ3 should have been out of the box (and *certainly* should *officially* be nearly six months after release).

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
              there aren't any new ones
              This is partly because of the rising popularity of sgs...I'm thinking of writing one soon though...

Comment

I'm concentrating on a more "serious" writing project at the moment, but I wouldn't rule out writing something here again...if I get a good enough idea.

There doesn't seem to be a huge decline in the number of stories...I still haven't read half the newer ones.

Civman: I'm really looking forward to a Civland story!

Comment

It's getting harder to find new angles to exploit. What i like is to surprise the reader but i find that after only 2 stories posted here i'm having difficulties finding a punchline.
                  I guess i could just follow the game and describe it as it goes but... it ain't my thing.
                  I have an idea for a story but i'm not certain how to go about it. And since i don't want to start without knowing how i'm going to finish... (like i did in The means and the end : the whole thing took me a month to write!)
                  I guess i'll post it when i can figure out a way to write it.
                  What?

Comment

I imagine it has something to do with the time it takes to write a story. For me, course work takes precident to writing, which is why I have an incomplete story sitting around...

...I'll finish it, someday. Blame my professors for wanted 20 page term papers.
                    "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

Never fear, friends! I am still quite into writing new stories. In fact, I have been crafting my History of Gaia that I will be releasing sometime soon. I have worked on it for weeks, and I would like to put it out as one edition rather than posting every couple of days or so... so stay tuned!
                      Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Stories take time.

Comment

Check out my Crazed Greek Wanderings, it's the tale of how Alexander starts dominating the world.
                          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
                          X