Generations - Episode 1: The Iron War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generations - Episode 1: The Iron War

Well, this is my first attempt at a story. It’s a bit of an epic, and is only the first episode

Game: Standard Map, Small Continents, Eight Players, Monarch difficulty

Map Description: The world map consisted of one continent in the east that America (myself), the Iroquois, the Russians and the Aztecs shared. In the west there was another main continent shared by the English, the Germans and the French. Off the northeastern tip of the western continent was the smallest continent that the Greeks had to themselves. Various islands also surrounded the western continent.

-------------
    Prelude
    -------------

Washington III stood on the hill outside Philadelphia, the wind whipping at his cloak. The Iroquois encampment just outside his borders was plain as day. In fact, it definitely appeared defensive, as his Northern General had described.

“Any word from our emissary?” He asked his near-by aide.

“No, my liege.” The aide replied.

“If the Iroquois refuse to trade us iron, we may have to go to war.” Washington sighed. “And who knows what the Russians will do if we do go to war.”

“They are the biggest land-owners on our continent, my liege.” The aide pointed out. “We may eventually have to annex the Iroquois anyway just so as we can compete against the Russians.”

“You may be right.” Washington replied. “The Russians do seem intent on continental domination. They are untrustworthy. Their recent war against the Aztecs attests to this. I would guess that they do not attack the Iroquois simply because it distracts us.”

“The Iroquois are the smallest nation on this continent. Being sandwiched in between the two powerful nations can only make them nervous, especially with their resource-rich territories.” The aide observed. “But when their neighbours are uneasy neighbours to each other, they will have to decide which side to sit on.”

“Don’t hope too long for an alliance with the Iroquois. The Russians don’t need the Iroquois’ iron deposits.” Washington said. “As the only desert nation on this continent, we have little to no resources. We have no horses and no iron. We need iron.”

Washington turned away from the view towards the Iroquois troops and focused on Philadelphia sprawling beneath him. Since the founding of the city some 150 years ago at the mouth of the Washington River, Philadelphia had flourished into the second largest city in America, and by far, the largest city on the western coast of the continent.

“What news do we have from Seattle?” Washington asked.

“The Russians are quiet. So far they have acknowledged our requests to stay outside of our borders.” The aide reported. “It would appear that unfortunate incident between our warriors and their archers has blown over.”

“The captain of that battalion was disciplined?” Washington asked.

“Yes, he is currently in the stockade in Seattle awaiting hanging.” The aide said.

“Good. We need the army to realize that unprovoked and unauthorized attacks on the enemy cannot be tolerated. That stupid attack could have thrown us into a war I doubt we could have won.” Washington said. “Let’s retire. I need to think some more about the Iroquois.”

---------
    The Iron War
    ---------

The third volley of arrows arced over the crest of the hill and fell into the ranks of the defending troops of Salamanca. The siege of Salamanca had been raging for three weeks. General Brady overlooked the scene. Six weeks ago, the Iroquois had refused the American nation access to its excess iron, fearing the Americans would use it against them. But politics is fickle, something Brady normally refused to try and understand, and the Americans feared Russia more than anything. Russian armies had been amassing on the America - Russia border and Leader Washington was worried.

Four weeks ago, the newly formed Northern Offensive Army marched on Grand River, the township that had direct access to the Iroquois iron deposits. The battle was short and vicious. Ranks of American archers rained death down upon the Iroquois defenders and endless rows of spearmen protected the army when the Iroquois attempted to attack. Grand River was taken. Brady, seeing an opportunity, pushed home his advantage and quickly advanced on Salamanca, the Iroquois capital. But the defences were tougher and after three weeks, his army had yet to crack the nut.

To further complicate matters, the Russians had invaded from the east. Seattle was on the brink of collapse and Chicago was under siege. The cavalry of the Russians was wreaking havoc amongst the American ranks. The Russian leader, Catherine, was ignoring any contact from Washington, and three messengers had been returned minus their heads.

Brady brought his mind to bear on the current battle. The Iroquois had just sent an army out through the gates in an effort to drive back the invaders. Brady shook his head in disbelief. The Iroquois were doomed. They sent under-manned and under-trained armies against his entrenched troops and rather than attempting to throw back the American invaders, Brady had heard reports of troops from Niagara Falls attempting to capture the inland city of Miami.

Brady heard a commotion behind him and turned to see what it was. Making his way through the archers’ ranks was a man in battle armour carrying a wicked-looking sword. Brady smiled. The man came to a stop and saluted.

“Colonel Smith, Philadelphia Barracks 1st Swordsmen Battalion reporting.” He said. “I’ve got three battalions of swordsmen with me. I am ordered to place them under your command.”

Brady offered Smith his hand.

“Welcome aboard, Colonel.” He said. “Leader Washington doesn’t waste any time.”

“No he doesn’t sir.” Smith said. “We were already trained for this job before we even had any way to build our swords or armour.”

“Well, I think your battalion is what we need to crack this nut.” Brady said. “I doubt the Iroquois leader has ever encountered a concentrated attack of swordsmen, let alone a small one. I believe it’s time to march on Salamanca.”

Smith saluted and made his way back to his troops. Brady turned to a nearby Colonel.

“Colonel Harrison, I want those walls down now.” Brady ordered.

Colonel Harrison nodded and left. In short time, the once-quiet atmosphere was blown away by the powerful launches of catapult shots. Brady watched as the advancing Iroquois army faltered as the catapult fire started, then stopped altogether as the shots cleared their heads. The catapult shots were on target instantly, smashing into the city walks with ballistic intensity. More shots launched out of the tops of the trees behind Brady and continued to smash the walls to pieces. The Iroquois army was retreating to more defensible positions. A clatter of armour told Brady that his swordsmen had arrived.

---------

Hiawatha stood at the window of his palace. His troops had managed to keep the American troops at bay for three weeks. He just needed two more weeks before his reinforcements from Niagara Falls arrived. The supply line with Russia had given him horses and his mounted warrior army was now racing to the defence of Salamanca. His gambit to distract the Americans at Miami had failed. All he got from it was a good deal of his citizens dead and the Americans even more determined to take the Iroquois nation.

He sighed and turned away from the window. Even the invasion by the Russians was not deterring the Americans. His runners told him that they were close to losing two of their cities and still they pushed the attack on his capital. Had Catherine and himself under-estimated the Americans? Until now, the Americans had strived to avoid conflict, even giving away a number of technologies after the debacle with the Russian archers. But had their passive approach been because of weakness or tactical smarts?

Hiawatha’s musings were interrupted as the palace shook viciously from a nearby explosion. He ran to the window and was instantly blown off his feet by the concussion of a nearby explosion. Dazed, he stood up. He brushed his hand across his forehead and it came away red. A messenger came running into his quarters. Hiawatha saw his lips move but couldn’t hear anything. Concentrating, the words began to push past the roaring in his ears.

“…cans are bombing the city walls.” The messenger said. “Our army has moved back to defensive positions.”

“What are they going to attack with?” Hiawatha asked.

“All we can see is their spearmen and archers.” The messenger reported. “And of course their catapults are in the trees.”

“Which means anything else could be in the trees.” Hiawatha said as he moved back to the window.

The walls to Salamanca were now a pile of rubble and the front ranks of American spearmen were starting to advance. Hiawatha watched. The archers also moved forward to be able to reach the city proper and even as he watched, the catapults had moved out of the trees as well. Nothing else. Just in front of the archers were the battle standards of the army’s General.

Maybe the general got bored with life or is just impulsively impatient. Either way, his force was not designed for taking cities. It had only taken Grand River because he hadn’t expected the American attack and the town was grossly under-defended. And after all, it had only been a town, not the sprawling monstrosity that Salamanca was.

“I want the barracks emptied.” Hiawatha ordered. “And I want all troops at what’s left of the western wall.”

Hiawatha’s attention was drawn by movement just within the edge of the line of trees the Americans had emerged from. He turned to say something to his messenger, but he was already gone, off to deliver his last order. Turning back to the window, the first swordsmen appeared out of the trees at a flat-out sprint. Hiawatha himself ran for the door, with the intention of getting to his defending forces to warn them of what was coming over the hill.

---------

Washington cut down another Russian warrior. He barely had time to get his breath before another warrior was running at him with a crudely made weapon. American archers rained arrows down on the Russian troops surging through Seattle’s streets. Washington looked up and saw the long spears carried by Russian horseman.

“Enemy cavalry!” He shouted to his nearby troops.

Spearmen rushed to the front, knocking down and impaling the remaining Russian warriors with their spears. With practiced precision, the spearmen adopted a defensive posture and the first wave of Russian horsemen crushed themselves against the spearmen. But behind the horsemen came a wave of swordsmen. The spearmen didn’t stand a chance against the newest shock troops that were being introduced to warfare. A messenger dodged his way through the fighting to Washington’s side.

“My liege, the northern flank has collapsed. Russian swordsmen are pouring in through the wall breaches.” The messenger gasped. “The General is dead.”

Washington nodded.

“Fall back!” He shouted. “Fall back to the Western Wall!”

“We’re abandoning the city to the Russians?” The messenger asked in disbelief.

“We are, my boy.” Washington growled. “I am not going to waste American lives in a battle that cannot be won. Catherine wants this city intact, so the citizens should be safe. And if she comes anywhere near Chicago, she won’t stand a chance. Now, spread the word.”

Washington killed a charging Russian swordsman. Rapid movement in the corner of his eye drew his attention and he had enough time to duck beneath the spear of a horseman and cut the horses legs from underneath it. The horseman died instantly when he hit the ground.

The American troops were slowly pulling back. Warrior reinforcements drawn from the local populous ran up to assist. Eventually, the remaining American troops escaped via the western gate and began the four-day trek towards Chicago. Washington stopped at the top of a hill and looked back at the smoking remains of Seattle. He swore that Russia would one day pay for this.

---------

Hiawatha reached the defenders at a dead sprint. The garrison leader saluted him when he arrived.

“Sir, our defences are ready.” He reported.

In between gasps of air, Hiawatha spoke.

“No, they are not!” He said. “Your troops are setup wrong. The Americans have swordsmen.”

The garrison leader stood still, looking shocked. Even as he looked like he was about to order the reposition of his troops, the first arrows from the American archers began to fall. The men could hide under their makeshift shields from arrows, but nothing could stop the catapults when they began to fire on the defensive positions. The Iroquois troops were in disarray as the wall of swordsmen crested the hill and fell amongst the Salamanca defenders. The ill-prepared Iroquois troops were decimated.

Ordering the fallback, Hiawatha withdrew with his troops towards the palace. One of his advisors ran up.

“Sir, we need to get you out of the city.” He said.

Hiawatha looked stunned.

“You want me to abandon my people?” He asked.

“Sir, if you stay your people won’t have a leader.” The advisor replied. “Salamanca is lost. Your leadership is our only chance.”

Hiawatha’s shoulders slumped. His capital lost. The Hanging Gardens now an American icon.

“Ok, we’ll re-establish leadership at Niagara Falls.” Hiawatha ordered.

The Iroquois leadership rode at speed from Salamanca. Hiawatha didn’t even look back at his once-proud capital. He didn’t give much hope for his diminished nation, even with the Russians as allies. The Americans had been under-estimated, and he feared his nation would pay the ultimate price.

---------

Like she had won the battle herself, Catherine, leader of the Russians, rode at the head of the Russian column into Seattle. Citizens of the once-American city glared at her with barely controlled rage.

“What is the state of the rebellion in the city?” She asked. The general riding alongside her answered.

“Resistance is still high.” He replied. “The connection this city had to its nation was strong. They have not been willing to give it up easily.”

“Well, we’ll just have to stamp out the resistance with more direct tactics.” Catherine said. “Use your troops as police. Until this city resigns itself to the fact is now a member of the Russian Empire, martial law is to be enforced. Do you understand me?”

The general nodded. They were passing a line of troops wearing American uniforms, chained together. Catherine held her hand up, stopping the column. She beckoned to the Corporal leading the prisoners, who came over and bowed to her.

“Corporal, did these troops take part in the main battle?” She asked.

“Most likely, ma’am.” The Corporal replied. “But we caught them two days ago attacking a city patrol.”

Catherine’s eyebrows rose.

“Resistance fighters?” She queried. “Kill them.”

The Corporal looked like he was going to say something before simply nodding and drawing his sword along with other troops. It was quickly over. Nearby citizens looked on in shock. Catherine spoke up.

“This is what happens to anybody that is found attacking soldiers or peoples of the legal government of this city. Anybody found assisting these people will meet the same fate.” She turned to the General. “Carry on.”

---------

General Brady looked up as the messenger ran up.

“Sir, Grand River reports a force of mounted warriors approaching from Niagara Falls.”

“Has Washington deployed any troops or do I have to dispatch troops of my own?” Brady asked.

“No sir. Leader Washington has dispatched the Atlanta Barracks 3rd Swordsmen Battalion and the Miami Barracks 14th and 17th Spearmen Battalions to assist.” The messenger reported. “However, he believes that this counter-attack by Hiawatha has left him short of defence in his two cities. He wants you to advance on Niagara Falls.”

Brady’s eyebrows rose.

“Do I get any reinforcements?” He asked.

The messenger continued.

“Two swordsmen battalions will meet you near Atlanta. The majority of offensive units are being funneled towards Chicago.”

“Not surprising. Washington wants Seattle back. Wouldn’t surprise me if he intends to invade Russia.” Brady mused. “Ok, inform the following battalion commanders that we move out in six hours.”

Brady listed a number of archer, spearmen, catapult and all swordsmen battalions. What he left behind was more than enough to protect and police Salamanca. He thought of his tactics.

The Iroquois were on their last legs. They were learning the hard way that the Russians were not good allies. Instead of assisting the Iroquois, Catherine had invaded America. The loss of Seattle had stunned Brady, and he realized that finishing off the Iroquois had to be done quickly so as all resources could be focused on the Russians. The only factor that he couldn’t predict was the Aztecs to the north of the Russians. They had remained neutral throughout the conflict. Who knew what side they will pick when it came down to three.
    Oooh! Pretty flashing red button! * PUSH *

...Continued...

Hiawatha was certain he was cursed. He had moved to Niagara Falls after the fall of Salamanca. His attempt to re-take Grand River and choke off America’s supply of iron was thrown back by the defenders of the recently reinforced town. Then to cap it all off, the Americans had attacked from the west, not the south where he’d expected it to come from. He could see Miami from the city walls across the plains. The American commander had done what he had least expected and it was paying dividends.

Niagara Falls wasn’t as big as Salamanca and to make matters worse, the population was actually sympathetic to the Americans. That was the problem being so close to a large American city with influence.

“Sir?” His advisor queried. Hiawatha sighed.

“Yes, I know. We’ve got to move to Allegheny. Our last city.” He turned to his advisor. “Where are our allies?”

“Sir?”

“My intelligence people inform me that Catherine has not moved from Seattle, yet she sends no troops to assist us. The Americans cannot withstand continued attacks from two fronts.” Hiawatha stated. “Yet we get no assistance. With us out the fight, Catherine has to contend with the Americans on her own.”

The advisor looked shocked.

“You think we’re going to lose?” He asked. Hiawatha looked at him with undisguised contempt.

“And you’re an advisor?” He snarled. “Look at us. Reduced to one city. The Americans will not let us live, not with the Russians walking up to their city gates. No, we picked the wrong side. We under estimated the will of the Americans and our people will be called Americans before the next generation grows into adult-hood.”

Sighing, Hiawatha left. And for the second time in six months, he fled from the capital of his nation.

---------

Washington looked at the report. Hiawatha had rejected the peace proposal. He shook his head in disbelief and looked at his foreign advisor.

“Is he mad?” He asked. “We give him a chance to keep what’s left of his nation, albeit one city, and not get written into the pages of history. Instead he rejects it.”

“I think it had something to do with breaking the alliance with Russia that caused him to reject it.” The foreign advisor said. “I get the distinct impression from the envoy that Hiawatha still believes Catherine will assist him.”

“I’d say the envoy is deluded.” Washington said. “Catherine has not even moved her forces from Seattle in twelve months, much less looked like coming to the aid of the Iroquois. If I was Hiawatha, I’d worry that the Russians will invade and capture his cities and then claim them as his own.”

“I’d not like to lose Niagara Falls, my liege.” The advisor said. “The locals have been very co-operative and welcoming to us. In fact, had we not attacked, I believe the population would have over-thrown the government anyway.”

“That’s encouraging news.” Washington said, turning to the map. “Meanwhile, Brady is going to have to march onto Allegheny. Until the Iroquois are willing to sign a treaty, they are our enemies. Catherine is most likely building something up, and I want everything on the eastern front for when she attacks.”

“Brady is preparing his army as we speak, my liege.” The military advisor said. “Three more swordsmen battalions should have arrived under his command. He’ll be marching onto Allegheny the day after tomorrow.”

“Good. I don’t want to wipe out the Iroquois culture completely, but Hiawatha has left me no choice.” Washington sighed. “Onto other things, how goes Project Discovery?”

The scientific advisor stepped forward.

“My liege, our scientists are on the verge of perfecting ocean navigation. We should be able to send envoys overseas within the next five years.”

“Excellent. There has to be more than this infernal continent on this planet.” Washington said. “And the sooner we discover who else lives with us, the sooner we can determine if they are friend or foe.”

---------

General Brady ordered the retreat. The mounted warrior attack had come swiftly, ferociously and had swathed a huge gap through his swordsmen ranks. The archers had been powerless to stop the fast moving attackers and he had little to no spearmen. When they finally reached safe territory, the American army was now three miles further away from Allegheny. Only that morning, Brady had stood with his army and had looked at the city.

Brady admired the Iroquois. Nearly annihilated, their warriors and troops still attacked with a belief that made them dangerous. But Brady understood. If he had to defend Washington or his home city of New York from destruction, he’d be fighting with the same ferocity. He knew this would be the hardest city. Hiawatha had had time to bolster his defences while Brady’s army recovered from the invasions of Grand River, Salamanca and Niagara Falls. Now he had more time as he waited for the reserves to come from Miami, Atlanta and Philadelphia. He realized his folly of neglecting spearmen and had two battalions of the stout defenders on their way as well.

He held a council of war that night with his commanders. Studying the tactical map, he spoke.

“The Iroquois have got the southern approach closed. Their mounted warriors can attack quickly and generally cause havoc in our ranks. However, the western and eastern approaches are relative open. The problem is that the approaches are through mountains.”

“What about the sea, sir?” An archer captain asked.

“Our galleys have got their port blockaded. The admiral assures me that nothing is getting in or out. Unfortunately, invading from the sea is out of the question. We’d be detected too early.” Brady said. “What I intend to do is send one spearmen, one archer and one swordsmen battalion around to the west, ensuring they keep clear of the city’s line of site. Meanwhile, the bulk of the army will circle east. Three days from now, the western battalions will begin attacks on the Iroquois infrastructure surrounding the city.”

“And this will be a feint?” Asked another captain.

“That it will be.” Brady said. “Hopefully, the attacks will draw their units outside the city to them. When that happens, we attack the city from the mountains in the east. If it fails, we can retreat to a more defensible position.”

---------

It was night, and Hiawatha could see the lit battle out in the fields. He knew it would only be a matter of time before the fight with the Americans came within site of the city. However, as much as he knew what it meant for the battle, the site of it mesmerized him. Lit arrows flashed across the sky like tracers. The constant spark of metal on metal could be seen from his window five miles away. From what he could make out, his mounted warriors were pushing them back.

His military advisor came before him.

“Sir, a patrol discovered three battalions worth of American troops ransacking our fields and roads to the west. Our external forces moved to intercept them. Early reports indicate that they are forcing the Americans back.”

“Further away from the city…” Hiawatha mumbled. He turned to look at his advisor. “What was the size of the army we forced back three days ago?”
    “At least twelve battalions worth, sir.” The advisor replied.

“So, where are the other nine battalions?” Hiawatha asked.

The military advisor turned to a runner.

“I want everybody on the walls. They’re to expect an attack from the Americans.” He ordered.

“Too late.” Hiawatha said, looking out the window. They’d done it again. The military advisor stood next to him.

“My god.” He muttered. The second volley of lit arrows streaked across the sky into the ranks on and around the walls. Thatch roofs caught fire and soon Allegheny was lit as bright as day.

---------

The tactic had worked. As Brady ran forward with the swordsmen, volleys of arrows streaked over his head. The bigger explosions of catapult shots soon followed this from the catapults hidden in a nearby forest. The return fire was light and his advancing army suffered little to no losses.

Allegheny was ablaze by the time Brady entered the city. He ran through the streets with his forces, but encountered no resistance. At the barracks, two catapult brigades and their crews surrendered immediately.

He reached the quickly constructed palace and burst through the front door, expecting stiff resistance from within. Instead he stumbled to a stop to find Hiawatha standing before him. Hiawatha saluted.

“I, Hiawatha, leader of the Iroquois, offer the unconditional surrender of my nation and its people. Please have mercy on my people.” He said.

Brady returned the salute.

“Sir, we aren’t Russians. Your people will be allowed to return to their families in peace.” He said.

“And what of myself?” Asked Hiawatha.

“That is up to Leader Washington, sir.” Brady said. “Within the week, you will be in Washington City.”

---------

Washington offered his hand to Hiawatha. The leader of the Iroquois shook it hesitantly.

“My commiserations on the defeat of your nation.” Washington said. “It is definitely a sad day. I hope your trip here wasn’t too bad?”

“No.” Replied Hiawatha. “In fact, it was more like I was a guest rather than a prisoner.”

“But you are a guest, sir.” Washington stated. “You are not a prisoner. Your people have been given full pardons and have been allowed to return to their families. In fact, we have even allowed requesting troops to join our forces.”

Hiawatha smiled.

“Yes. Some of my forces believe that Russia is to blame for our downfall. Their lack of help during our hour of need disturbs a great many of them.”

“They have every right to distrust the Russians.” Washington said. “Our citizens in Seattle have learnt this the hard way.”

“I was meaning to ask you about that.” Hiawatha said. “Is it true the stories I have heard about the Russians killing anybody remotely suspected of being connected to the resistance?”

“To the last word.” Washington said. “Catherine is using brute force to do what we are doing with the Iroquois peacefully. She kills and we welcome. But enough of war. I wish to discuss with you your situation. Where do you wish to live?”

Hiawatha was taken back by the question.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Exactly what I said.” Washington said. “If you choose to live within America, we will build somewhere for you to retire in peace. If you choose to leave our borders, we will not stop you.”

Hiawatha did not hesitate.

“I wish to live in Salamanca, within site of the Hanging Gardens. I spent my happy youth there before I succeeded my father. But I have one question.”

“Ask.” Replied Washington.

“Why do you help an enemy of your country?” Hiawatha asked.

“Because I am truly sorry for the demise of yours.” Washington said. “We held no animosity towards your people. But your refusal to trade us iron placed us in a difficult position. And when in a difficult position, someone has to make a difficult decision.”

“All because of the iron we didn’t use.” Hiawatha said, he head dropping. “Amazing. Hindsight is an amazing thing. If I could reverse time, I would definitely have traded you that iron.”

Hiawatha stood.

“I will return to Salamanca. Not as a beaten foe, but a new citizen of America.” He shook the hand offered by Washington and walked towards the door. Just before opening it, he turned to look at Washington.

“Whatever you do, never trust the Russians.” Hiawatha said. “Never.”

“Sir,” Washington replied, “that is a mistake I never intend to make. And do not worry, Leader Hiawatha, the Iroquois culture will live on as part of the American culture.”

---------

General Brady looked up as the scout saluted. He returned the salute.

“Report.” He ordered.

“Sir, Kiev is defenceless.” He said. Brady stopped.

“What did you say?” He asked.

“Kiev is defenceless sir.” The scout repeated. “The only defences we saw were a battalion of conscript warriors.”

“What the hell does Catherine think she’s doing?” Brady asked.

“From what we gathered while ‘mingling’,” the scout said, “was that the Russians still believe the Iroquois nation exists and that Washington is planning a major offensive against Seattle.”

“And that my army is still trying to defeat the Iroquois.” Brady added. “Are the Aztecs causing them grief, I wonder?”

One of Brady’s advisors stepped forward.

“Whether or not the Aztecs are actually at war with the Russians, they still have to cover two borders. They pile everything onto our border and the Aztecs will see an opportunity to take a city. They did it 200 years ago when they captured Minsk. The Russians paid a hefty sum to get that city back.”

“If we take Kiev,” began Brady, “we have a bargaining chip to get Seattle back.”

Brady looked up.

“Gentlemen, I do believe we now have the upper hand against the Russians for the first time in three centuries.”

“Do you want me to prepare a runner?” The advisor asked.

“Yes.” Brady replied. “But we’re not sending a request to invade Kiev. We’re sending notification that we are invading it. Prepare the troops. We move out at dusk.”

Comment

very good, especially for a first try!!

Comment

This is awesome. Without question, one of the best I have ever read. I'm looking forward eagerly to more, so please don't disappoint us.

Steele
        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Nice read indeed!

Hope to see more

Comment

This is an amazing story...I couldn't put it down...
            For a first-time writer, I say "hats off to you"
            Great job!
            "Listen lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, buit I built it all the same just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these isles."
            - Swamp King (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Comment

Well written, a very good job.
              googol... this is a number!
              "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
              "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

I read the second part before I read this. They are both great parts.

Comment

Bumping up the contenders!
                  What?

Comment

A screencap would be awesome!
                    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Great story, can't wait to hear more.
                      "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

This story has been written fully. The finishing parts can be found at:

Generations II, III, IV

It was my first story and I split the posts accidently.

Comment

OzWolf- if you haven't read his tales... you're missing out!
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

indeed, thanks DC
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                            X