Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Succession Game starting on 11/29/2001, Join the game/follow the saga in this thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excelsior,
    I won't be able to play this week (December 17 - December 21). So if / when my turn comes, just skip me. I'll let you know, when I'll be able to play again, though.
    Sorry.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Sorry to hear it. We're losing rulers right and left!

Comment

I'd like to join...

If I'm accepted I'd just like to know how many turns before I go insane or die(anyway to end my turn).
        Launch the nukes at the zulus Flavius! ~ Me at my military advisor.

Comment

Great. It's OK with me if it's OK with Lurking. We're playing 20 turns each.

Comment

American Guy joining?

Yes, it's fine with me. I welcome another ruler so that Excelsior and I don't just go back and forth. I will add you to the rotation. You will have your turn after me. I have finished 1/2 of my turn, but it's a long process battling the Egyptians! I will post my game by Wednesday night at the latest (it might be over 72 hours I'm not sure, I'll do my best to get it done quickly). Sorry for any inconvience.

Welcome American Guy!
            "Dog of a Saxon! Take thy lance, and prepare for the death thou hast drawn upon thee!" -Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert in novel 'Ivanhoe'

Comment

Lurking,
              Take your time. We're getting to the point of the game where the turns take a long time, particularly with a war on.

American Guy,
              Do you need any help posting screenshots? Do you know how to capture and post screenshots? Do you have any webspace that you can use for the purpose?

Comment

Admiral Lurking VI

In the year of 1764 a quiet reserved gentleman named Lurking commanded a squadron of naval Frigates in the sea between Amazonia and Egypt. He kept a low profile, but his many naval victories earned him an excellent reputation with the Admirality. The old king, Excelsior VI, noticed Lurking's abilities. He promoted Lurking VI to vice-admiral of the eastern fleet. When Excelsior died, Lurking VI rose to command not only the Russian Navy, but the entire Russian kingdom!

1764 - Lurking VI contacts the leader of the German nation. Bismark mentions his desire to help Russia in her war against Egypt. Lurking wonders what the catch is... Bismark demand 160 gold for the alliance. "It's only a drop in the bucket of the Russian treasury," remarks Lurking to his closest foreign advisor. Lurking looks Bismark straight in the eye and demands a alliance for 140 gold. Bismark acquiesces and now we have the 1/3 most powerful nation in our world with us against the Egyptians.

Also in this busy year, Lurking meets with Queen Elizabeth of the English. Lurking notes that the English are behind in tech, and have no navy to speak of. Lurking demands a trade embargo against Egypt, but the English refuse. Lurking almost declares war against the insolent braggarts, but saves the destruction of the English for another day...

1772 - In the 8 years Lurking has now been king, he has massed a number of troops near the northern front of the Russian/Egyptian war. Many naval battles have been fought, and Russia has been on the losing end. Perhaps this is because Admiral Lurking is no longer at the front... Lurking demands producton be ramped up of Russian frigates of war. "We absolutely must control the seas; it is our destiny," proclaims Lurking at a meeting of his military advisors. On the ground, Russian cossacks attack the Egyptian city of Byblos. Hordes of Russain cossacks are gunned down by puny Musketmen defending the city. Lurking is furious with his new general, American Guy. "Maybe he should start his own crappy civilization," fumes Lurking. "The could be called 'Americans'," jokes Lurking. The Russian leaders laugh uproariously.

1774 - Russian scientist discover the "secret" of Industrialization. We have ONE source of coal in our entire kingdom. It is located just south of the great Russian city of New Lurkburg. Unfortunely, a road will have to be built through insect infested jungle to reach the source. "Great, just great!" fumes Lurking... He had hoped to get started on some Ironclads for the Russian Navy.

Also, in military news:
                General American Guy gets news of Admiral Lurking's wrath, and launches a new assualt on Byblos. The fresh cossack troops pound Byblos with wave after wave of assualts. Egypt counter-attacks with many knights. The battle field is strewn with bodies of men and horses, some so mangled it's hard to tell which species they belonged to orginally. Byblos still stands in all it's dastardly glory. Lurking sends more troops to the front...

1776 - The remaining defenders of Byblos, both musketmen and pikemen, are slaughtered by cossacks. Not even a single group of Russians die in the victorious final battle. Byblos is garrisoned by 6 groups of cossacks in hopes that we can keep this 11 population city! The treachorous Egyptians launch a secret attack on our island holding of Astrakhan. Egyptian cavalry capture the island, slaughtering Russian women and children. "Egypt has comitted a great evil against the Kingdom of Russia, we declare a united commitment to destroying or assimilating all Egyptians the world over. We CANNOT allow Egypt another victory. Cleopatra will pay for her mistakes. She will pay dearly..." Lurking breaks down with grief after this speach. His darling daughter was a resident of Astrakhan.

1778 - Garrisoned and fortified Russian troops near the northern front rest and heal. They prepare themselves for the next Russian offensive.

1780 - Egyptain city of Cologne burnt to the ground by Russian cossacks. "Egypt's weakness is the strength of Russia. Russia will feed off the waste of Egypt," shouts Lurking. Many of the Russian people glance at each other with disgust. The would rather not "feed off the waste of Egypt." The Admiral makes his point and many young men volunteer for the ever growing Russian navy. Lurking notes a particular cunning captain named Excelsior VII.

1782 - Egypt sends masses of knights and calvary to attack the recently captured city of Byblos. Two once proud divisions of Cossacks are killed, but not until defeating all of the 4 units attacking. General American Guy is proud of his troops, but Lurking wants more. We must continue the drive toward the Egyptian capital of Thebes. Prepare yourself, American Guy, I'm sending in fresh defenders to garrison Thebes. Your cossacks will be let loose upon Egypt soon enough...

1784 - A victory of a cossack over a bumbling calvary division produces a great leader, Ivan the Terrible. Lurking orders this great man to retreat toward New Lurkburg... Lurking thinks that he might move the capital of the kingdom... "If the seat of the monarchy was moved to the eastern continent of Amazonia, our production there would see a marked increase," muses Lurking.

1786 - Our civilization's golden age has ended. "Bloody heck!" exclaimes Admiral Lurking VI.

1788 - The city of Kappa, located in a mostly English area at the southern most land is captured by a suprise Russian attack of cavalry. "Yet another setback, but Russia continues to build and build," notes Lurking. Also, Newton's University is completed in Excelsior.

"Science is our strength; yes..." says Lurking evily.
                Soon, our road to coal will be complete and Russian Ironclads will be produced everywhere!
                A breathless messenger runs from the coast to the palace in Excelsior bearing and urgent dispatch from American Guy, the general commanding Russian forces on the northern front. The message reads:

To Admiral-King and his most holy majesty Lurking VI:
                "Our forces in Byblos are being overwealmed by the Egyptian mobs formed overnight in the city. Again and again they riot and slaughter our soldier attempting to keep order. I had to flee the city as our makeshift headquarters was overrun. The residents of Byblos have declared their unity with Egypt again. All 6 of our cossack divisions stationed in the city have been killed or have defected to the Egyptian nation. We cannot hold the front, we are beating a hasty retreat. Our great victory lies in shambles. I am sorry...

-Your humble and most obediant servant American Guy.

"Oh no," sighs Lurking, "Russia now must be on the defensive."

1790 - The people, not hearing the terrible news from the front lines, apparently decide to plant trees all around the palace. Lurking doesn't complain, they hide the sour world from his view.

1792 - Russia is on the defensive. Egyptian units massing in Byblos and Egyptian frigates continually bombard the eastern coast of Amazonia. Lurking can at least draw some satisfaction from the fact that the Egyptians dare not land a force on any of our main holding. Russian troops would slaughter any landing force.

1794 - Lurking falls into madness because of the desperation he feels at achieving no progress in the Great War. He locks himself in the palace nearing completion in the city of Eta. Perhaps from here Lurking can find happiness when the Southern Russian fleet arrives to destroy the rampaging Egyptian fleet. "We will not cave in," says American Guy addressing a worried pulblic...

See next Lurking message for save game.
                Last edited by Lurking; December 18, 2001, 21:05.
                "Dog of a Saxon! Take thy lance, and prepare for the death thou hast drawn upon thee!" -Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert in novel 'Ivanhoe'

Comment

Sounds good! If the Egyptians are still building cavalry, then they must still have a supply of saltpeter. Where is it? I thought I destroyed their only supply. If you can find it, it would be well worth the troops expending in capturing it. Maybe the English are trading it to them?

Comment

Yeah I need help with Screenshots...

Yep I don't have webspace either

Maybe they have reserves of cavalry?

If they don't we must destroy it!

Comment

• I guess you can just e-mail screenshots to either Lurking or me and we'll put them up on fsck's site. To capture a screenshot in the game, just hit the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Then paste it into a paint program like paintbrush and save it as a .jpg file. To insert a picture into a post, add vB IMG tags around the url of the file. The url will be like this:
                      http://www.doriarpg.org/img/Your_Filename_Here.jpg
                      Any questions?

Comment

• End of turn 18

Save game:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• All 6 of our cossack divisions stationed in the city have been killed or have defected to the Egyptian nation. We cannot hold the front, we are beating a hasty retreat. Our great victory lies in shambles. I am sorry...
                          Ouch! That stinks! I can't wait to get back in there and teach those !@#$! Egyptians a thing or two. American Guy, you're up!

Comment

• Grr...

1784 - American Guy takes the thrown and decides that Firaxis is run by rabid monkeys. Good news is reported when one of our veteran frigates defeats an Egyptain frigate and becomes elite!

1796 : Our scientists are quite close to the discovery of the corporation. AG orders all frigates to get into position to bomb the nearest egyptian city . AG thinks corruption is way too high and orders a change in government to a democracy until another form of government is discovered. To add to all these changes, American Guy and his foreighn advisor bribe England to join the war against the Egyptian scum.

1798 : Anarchy continues, AG hopes it's worth the wait. Terrible news reaches American Guy that a frigate lost to a caravel! AG is mad and feeds the messangers to the royal chipmunks. American Guy made the hard decision of post poning the war due to a company called Firaxis who supplied the battle strategies fore Russians. American Guy tells all his generals she looks like a pile of . To annoy her, AG asked for all her cities but she replied that his skull was as empty as his threat. (boy she made a mistake) AG prepares to plunge into war again...

1800-1804 : AG gets drunk and make Cleo mad again . Also AG makes the miraculous discovery of toejam, sold at 500 gold an ounce.

1806 : nuttin here

1808 : Power to the people! The democracy is set-up and American Guy is elected! And to top it all off we're making 100 more gold!

1810 : We discover the corporation and AG decides to explore the refining of a black tasty substance called oil. Contstruction of ironclads starts and Egypt is found in a hell hole when AG rejoins the war . Bad news arrives at the kremlin, most Russian units are being destroyed... by knights and cossacks are being killed by cavalry.

Note : WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be continued...

Comment

well I have to finish the story tommorrow cuz of my stress and it's 10:00 PM so I'm going to watch TV, Next time use moralins(sp?) exponential mod, it balances the game up.

Comment

• Re: Grr...

Well, I guess this would be the reign of AG the Angry.

Comment

Working...
                                X