Celts: Warrior Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celts: Warrior Nation

((OOC: Mad teaser since I just got 20 min. till class))

Brennus, master of the self-tatooation of a face, prepared to organize people to do something nobody had ever done before:

"We're calling it a city, and the city will be called Entremont!"

"Excrement? I don't want to live in excrement!"

After Brennus had his father secretly assassinated for 'unpatriotic selective hearing,' work was begun on some basic mortar walls and a few buildings were erected, it was time to gather a survey of the land.

The site chosen for Entremont featured a large floodplain, which held promising rich soil, that the Celts could use to create bumper crops every year.

To the east lay majestic Mount Brennus, plans were immediately put into place to use the gold deposits there as an incentive to improve worker output.

Brennus began growing old, but not sickly, almost enwizened as is the custom of all rulers before they achieve the age in which their visage is frozen until death.

In his old age, however, Brennus began to develop paranoia about what lay outside the safety that his national borders afforded him, because of this, he had all the men of the villiage assemble.

From these men, Brennus picked the strongest and the fastest, gave them permission (if unmarried) to take any single woman as their wife, thus producing a seperate class of priviledged warriors amongst the populace.

((This is just an overview... class))
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

thanks for that

looking forward to more
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Classes Separate

The next several years saw much prosperity in the way of technological discovery for the Celts. The warrior class was getting very effective at subjugating the small intellectual tribes that seemed to spring up around the Celtic lands.

As the warriors continued to capture these villiages, their rewards became greater and greater. First, it was just a pick of women, but that right was soon altered so that they had their pick of women born of warriors. Next, they were allowed to claim the nicest buildings in captured territories as their homes. Soon, a warrior in the Celtic lands was given claim over anything he wanted, but he had to accomplish a specific task.

"To any man who kills a Jaguar Warrior from the south, double his wages, and give him precedence over everything he desires upon his return."

"Everything sire?"

"Everything."

--------------------

Brennus wasn't anywhere near as stupid as other "rulers" which may or may not have appeared in a Metaliturtle story before, because of this he offered certain incentives to the more intelligent citizens if they were able to come up with equipment or knowledge that would further Celtic greatness.

Yes, there were now two distinct people groups living within his cities, there were the warriors, which had begun calling themselves the Celticgaard, and there were the smaller, more intelligent people, who had become known as Technoles.

The Technoles depended upon the Celticgaard to provide them with saftey, security, and safe passages for colonization. The Celticgaard depended upon the Technoles for better weapons, better armor, and medical help in the field. It soon became rooted into Celtic lore that helping people stronger than you was the smartest thing you could do, and the gods would reward anyone who helped someone smaller than himself.

A passage from the Celtic Religious tome at the time:

For if you mistreat someone who is not wise, your wisdom will be taken from you, yet the man who helps his wise neighbor will reap a reward.

And so life continued on this way for a while, the Mayan tribe to the south was easily assimilated into Celtic culture, plans were being laid out to send a scout team past the Mayan lands, where Mayan folklore claimed an angry bald woman ruled supreme, and reports started coming from the northern territories that a people who rode the waves had moved in.

More on that next time!
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Very... Metaliturtlish...
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

gonna update tonight hopefully

Comment

Sorry, no desire to continue this story, I just don't feel the same call to write fanfiction for this game that I once did.

Although I may still be a loyal apolytoner, any metaliturtle Civ 3 stories will be discontinued from this point on.

I've enjoyed writing for you guys, and I still enjoy reading you guys, keep writing, and ask for criticism.

Comment

Working...
            X