• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Contest Round 22: Nominations

Here's the Round 22 Nominations thread!

-
    Please feel free to nominate away!

Remember you CAN nominate or second your own story.
    But it MUST be finished.

*The reward is a discount at the Apolyton Store!

*Stories which are seconded will be bolded; and a story must be seconded to move into the Semifinals.

*Remember, to advance; a story must be nominated, then seconded... authors CAN nominate and/or second their own works

*Only 8 can advance to the quarterfinals

So- Let the Stories begin!

Good luck!

The Nominees:

Man on the Street by Jeremy 2.0
    The Rise of Germany and Fall of the Dutch by Rob006.
    Failure is their Salvation by Shogun Gunner
    The Glory of News: SPECIAL WAR EDITION by Master Zen
    Trappings of War by UnOrthOdOx

There are only THREE places Left
    Last edited by DarkCloud; June 24, 2005, 19:32.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

I'll break this one open by nominating The rise of Germany and fall of the Dutch, by rob006, a deserving story indeed.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

And how about Man On the Street, by Jeremy 2.0? I enjoyed that one, too.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

I'll list them when they are seconded
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
          And how about Man On the Street, by Jeremy 2.0? I enjoyed that one, too.
          seconded
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

updated.
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Thanks for the nomination!

I *really* should come to this forum more often.
              My Civ Stories:
              Oil...and Sponges,Great Big Death Story of MRkorth, My Dinner With Xerxes, E.V.I.L., The Bijou - which I swear I will finish someday!, The Man Who Would Be King,, Will it Go ‘Round in Circles?, Man on the Street, Myron VS. the Volcano, Chairmen of the Border, The Turn of Time.

Comment

-So should everyone
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Well since you're having story contests, perhaps I should attempt to nominate a series of Onion-style faux reportings I've been writing for well over half a year now about the PTWDG.

Perhaps they might not be as funny if you're not familiar (at least loosely) with the PTW demogame. They began at the onset of my team's (The Glory of War) conflict with Legoland in the late industrial era and I initially thought it would be a merely temporary affair. But a lot of people found them hilarious so I kept writing them through war and peace and back to war again. There's a total of 13 news reports scattered throughout the 8 pages of the thread.

I understand if they do not conform with the type of stories which compete in these types of contests, but if they do then it'll be an honor for me to submit it for your consideration.

Here is the link to the thread where all the reports are, enjoy:

The Glory of News: SPECIAL WAR EDITION

-MZ
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Dear Master Zen,

Thanks for your submission. It's good to finally get some more stories in this section!

No word on civilian casualties on the ground, no bombers were lost to enemy action. Among the units participating was the vaunted 69th Bearded-Lady Bomber Squadron though their bombs fell short of the coal mine since their beards got in the way.
                    ... What the heck?

In a survey conducted by The Glory of News, 89% of the GoW population still did not know who they were going to war against, 78% thought that Lux still existed, and 58% thought that stormchicken tasted better than squid.
                    Truer words about real life opinion polls have oft never been spoken

---
                    ...so many pages.

I'll second it for the nomination- but I think that we should open the issue for the community to decide if they're allowed or not before I officially add it to the list.

Does anyone here have any objections?

*The main one that I would have is that it's arguable whether the story is completed or not and we have a policy only to accept completed tales.
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Well the game is pretty much over now so I will probably write one last edition sometime during the next couple of days (hopefully the last and funniest)

Still, thanks for considering it, whatever the community decides I will respect.
                      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I would like to Nominate: Failure is their Salvation - Shogun Gunner
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                          I'll break this one open by nominating The rise of Germany and fall of the Dutch, by rob006, a deserving story indeed.
                          oh, 2nd
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

*Updated

*Seconded Shogun's Piece

*Still waiting for comments on the 'Zen' Situation.
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

thnaks for 2nd my story paddy! have you gotten around to reading my new one?

l8er
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Visit the stories forum My stories.... The Rise of Germany and Fall of the Dutch and Germany Falling

Comment

Working...
                              X