Jon de Gaul WW II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon de Gaul WW II

Note that this is taken from an ongoing MP PBEM game. (WW II : Europe.)

Turn 1: May 1940 WW II breaks out

In an undisclosed location in Paris

FM: Sir, the British ambassor is here. He wishes to know if you'll punish the Germans for their agressions against all the free world?

Jon De Gaul: I don't know, what is he offering?

FM: He's offering every tech the UK has and a luxary.

Jon De Gaul: Deal! Never did like those Germans, especally with a stack of their Panzers already across our border.

MA: Sir, what are your orders against Germany?

Jon De Gaul: Help out the Dutch by cuting the rail to Amsterdam in German territory. I have a feeling this stack of panzers inside our territory in just a diversion for their major attack thru the Netherlands.

MA: Sir, a Panzer was discovered there and so we can not cut the rail. A second bomber was already in route when it was discovered.

Jon De Gaul: &(*$*! Heavilly bombard that German stack of Panzers already in our territory and then attack it with our Tanks, get our 2 Inf units that would be competely cut off back towards the line.

MA: Sir, one of our bombers missed their target and hit a German inf in an adjoining tile.

Jon De Gaul: Have that bomber pilot arrested for treason, as a warning for all our other pilots.

MA: Sir, the rest of the bombers hit their targets, we lost a couple of French tanks post bombardment but did reduce the Panzer stack down to 1 unit. Shall we attack Italy?

Jon De Gaul: Not now, but do combine our Mediterain forces that are scattered.

German Turn

MA: Terriable news, de Gaul, the Germans came right at our Central Eastern city and took it. They bypassed several infs in forts. In addition, a luxary near Paris was cut.

Turn 2: June 1940 The fall of Paris

In an undisclosed location in Paris

DM: Paris is in disorder, de Gaul, that lost of a luxary caused the number of unhappy citizens there to exceed the happy ones. Shall I hire an entertainer?

Jon De Gaul: Yes, and tell the Mayor of Paris to automaticaly allocate the work forces in the future so that there is no repeat.

MA: Sir, how shall we proceed in our attacks in light of all those tanks that were destroyed when we lost out city?

Jon De Gaul: Bombard the Panzers we can see.

FM: Sir, right after Spain & Italy saw the report of our righteous bombardment of the Panzers, both nations declared war upon us!

Jon De Gaul: We shall ignore the Spainish stupidity. They are so insignficant as to not even warrent a response. But the Italians must be punished! Cut their luxaries and take out that Italian fleet. Bombard that unit on the fort on the border for good measure.

MA: Sir, we successfully disconnected the Spice but missed the Wine. We knocked out that Italian fleet with the loss of 1 Cruiser.

MA: Sir, our military in Paris can not hold back the German advance, for your own safety we much relocate the govt now before the Germans arrive.

USSR turn

FM: Sir, the USSR has declared war on Germany!

Jon De Gaul: Well, I never did like those USSR sons of ------, but their OUR sons of -----. Send a congratuatarly note, a long with a request for them to cut the German supply of Oil so they can't build any more Panzers.

German turn

In an undisclosed location betwen Paris and Marseille

MA: Terriable news sir, Paris has fallen to the Germans in heavy fighting and the port of Cherobrough light garrision was overrun.

FM: Sir, our contacts in Berlin & Moscow report that the Germans have just discovered that the Sweeden and Turkey had declared war upon them.

UK turn

FM: Sir, the British FM is pround to annouce the destruction of an Italian fleet in the East Mediterritain along with the killing of a few subs in the North Atlantic.

Turn 3 July 1940 Government Marselle

In an undisclosed location in Marselle

FM: Sir, the Sweedish Ambassor has an urgent request asking for a trade of a WM for a WM.

Jon De Gaul: Agreed

FM: Sir, the English have sent a gift package, shall we accept the gift?

Jon De Gaul: Yes! Why do you bother me asking such an obvious question?

FM: Sir, the USSR wishes an RoP

Jon De Gaul: Okay.

FM: Sir, the Free French are complaining about the small stack of units that got cut of that are retreating thru their territory.

Jon De Gaul: It's a virtual mad house. And how dare they call themselves the "Free French." But I hear they are strong allies with several other minor nations that the UK has an MPP with, so sugest a RoP.

FM: Sir, the Free French and their allies grant it.

MA: Sir, what shall we do with our Bombers?

Jon De Gaul: Cut the Italian Wine from their railnet and see how much the Italians start whining about having no wine.

MA: Sir, it was succesfull, what shall we do with the Fleet?

Jon De Gaul: Take the healthy units and start bombarding the coast near Rome.

MA: Sir, one tile cratered. The others couldn't be reached without splitting the fleet.

German Turn

MA: Sir, the brave stack of Infs & Riflemen that pulled up next to a German town took 2 German Infs & 1 Paratrooper with them.

Jon De Gaul: Give bonuses to their widows and orphans, it cost the German army valuable time.

MA: Sir, the Germans captured lightly defended Tours, Brazine, and St Navere.

Jon De Gaul: As expected, but those were the most expandable towns and only three.
    Last edited by joncnunn; April 4, 2005, 10:50.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

thanks for this
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Turn 4 August 1940 No more wine

FM: Sir, the UK has offered an update on their world map for free, shall we accept this gift?

Jon De Gaul: Yes, it shows the generiousity of the British have no bounds.

FM: Sir, the German ambassador is here, he wishes to extend peace, but their unwilling to pay a dime.

Jon de Gaul: Hum, me thinks the German military is starting to become overstregthed. Tell them "NUTS!"

FM: Sir, the Italian ambassor is here, he also wishes to extend peace.

Jon De Gaul: The Italian military is no match for ours, we want 1000 gold from them to pay for damages before we'd accept peace from them.

MA: The Italians have a small stack of units on the border, it's really not significant, athough there are a couple of tanks there.

Jon De Gaul: Send the usual one gun salute from Marselle to that stack. Cut the Italian Iron by our bombers. Keep bombarding the shore near Rome with our mighty navy.

German turn

MA: Terriable news sire, those dasterdly Germans took another city of ours (Dijon) in central France.

Jon De Gaul: Only one? The Germans are definately over strenched.

MA: They also bombarded a stack of Inf.

Jon De Gaul: Big deal.

Italian turn

DM: Terriable news sir, all the roads leading out of the vineyards near Marselle have been destroyed by Italian bombers. Our citizens are up in arms against the shortage of wine!

Jon De Gaul: The Italians will pay for that attoricity. And get me a bottle of wine out of the cellar.
      Last edited by joncnunn; April 4, 2005, 10:51.
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Turn 5: September 1940 Artillery bombardment in Tunisita

FM : Sir, the English have offered accepted yet another update of their world map.

Jon De Gaul: I'm not sure who useful it is, but accept it.

FM : Sir, the USSR have also offered accepted an update of their world map.

Jon De Gaul: Accept all WM gifts and stop wasting my time.

FM: Uh, sir, the Germans have offered a tech for peace.

Jon De Gaul: Is it in the accepted mode?

FM: No sir, it is not.

Jon De Gaul: In that case, decline it.

Jon De Gaul: Have our naval forces bombard the terraign near rome.

MA: Sir, every single ship in that taskforce missed!

Jon De Gaul: Have all the captians and gunnery officers of those ships thrown in the brig! Bomb Italy

MA: Sir, an Italian fighter intercepted our bomber, but the bomber shot down the Italian fighter.

Jon De Gaul: Give the entire crew of their bomber a medal.

MA: Sir, an Italian taskforce has approached within artillery range of our African town in Tunesia.

Jon De Gaul: Don't wait to see the whites in their eyes, fire now!

MA: Sir, that task force is devasated. It's now down to Conscript Tank 2/2, Conscript Tank 1/2, Recruit 2/4.

Jon De Gaul: Excelent! And send the usual one gun salute to the Italians outside Marasellis.

German turn

MA: Sir, the last of the cut off infs retreating back to the front lines were killed outside of an occuplied town. They did kill a Panzer before they went, dispite being subjected to heavy artillery bombardment first.

Jon De Gaul: Award these units the highest medal in France.

MA: Sir, that was the only German attack against us this month.

Jon De Gaul: Excelent. And have the DM have workers clear the craters and reconnect the wine.

MA: Sir, I forgot one last thing, remember that battleship whose bring we placed all those capitains and gunnery officers on?

Jon De Gual: Yes ...

MA: Well, that was sunk by a German U Boat. No survivors.

Jon De Gual: Well, that saves the expense of court maritaling them all , carry on.
          Last edited by joncnunn; April 4, 2005, 10:52.
          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Bring it on

Hope the game is going well
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

It's going on extremely well from the French perceptive compared to historically.
              Templar Science Minister

Comment

rewritting some history is a good thing indeed

will you be posting some maps soon then?
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

And give Germany & Italy a free look at my city builds and unit locations?

I think not.
                  Last edited by joncnunn; March 16, 2005, 18:22.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

you could always edit them from the pics
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

joncnunn, this story makes me wonder what a Civ story comprised purely of smileys would look like... I imagine a successful conquest would be something like:

--- The End ---

XBox Live: VovanSim
                      xbox.com (login required)
                      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                      Spore page

Comment

Turn 6: October 1940 Battles of Tunis & Marsellis

MA: Sir, the Italian Force near Tunis advanced upon it even with last turn's artillery bombadment.

Jon De Gaul: Fire the Artillery at them again.

MA: Sir, our two artillery has now redlined the entire Italian stack.

Jon De Gaul: Send the Infs & Riflemen to finish off the Italian Tanks and Riflemen, capture the Italian Artillery alive.

MA: Sir, the operation was a complete success, one of our units is now battle harded Vets, and another suffered numerous casulaties but is still intact, and the Artillery had been brought into Tunis.

Jon De Gaul: Excelent

MA: Sir, near the capital, the Italians have advanced several Tanks followed by Infs and three artillery.

Jon De Gaul: Drive them out of France and capture that Artillery or die trying!

MA: Sir, it was quite costly, several of our conscripts wiped out, but the entire Italian force was also wiped out and the three artillery were captured.

Jon De Gaul: Award medals to all the forces that fought in these battles.

German Turn

MA: Sir, the Gemans have disconnected our Aluminum with a bomber!

Jon De Gaul: The Germans must be punished for that!

MA: Sir, the German Panzers overran Lyons and Vicky. Apprently they guessed correctly that we had pulled some troops out of Lyons to send to Marsellis. Forutnately, our bombesr that had been stationed in Lyons had already taken off.

Jon De Gaul: Well, losing Vicky is no big deal. That's were all those traitors in our legislature that had been calling to make peace with Germany were located. France is better off without them in it.

Italian Turn

MA: Sir, the Italians have attacked our Inf in our new fortress with a Conscript. Our brave and much better trained Inf masacred them.

Jon De Gaul: Excelent!
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Turn 7: November 1940 A lull in the fighting

MA: Sir, there just isn't that much to do this turn, the only things I see that can be done are cuting the road in the ex-Italian Fortress outside all cultural bounders, cutting the Rail from occuplied Leon leading to Marsellis, and cutting the Italian Ivory in Africa.

Jon De Gual: So ordered.

MA: Sir, both our bomber pilots missed the Ivory. ...

( Jon De Gual )

MA: ... but the rail has been cut from Lyon and the road torn up in the Italain Fortresss.

Turn 8: December 1940 Sleep Interruptus

Jon De Gaul:

German Turn

Jon De Gaul:

MA: Wake up, Jon De Gaul.

Jon De Gaul: What? It's too early.

MA: Sir, we have to evacuate Marsellis. We are under massive Panzer attack.

Jon De Gaul: Can't our tanks, infs, and artillery hold them off?

MA: Sorry, sir, that is unlikely. In addition, we predict that the artillery will be captured by the Germans

Jon De Gual and the advisors pack up into a plane and flee Marsellis.

On board a plane at an undisclosed location

MA: Sir, we got out just in time. In addition, Montpillor was attacked, but only by 1 Panzer, and so is still in French hands for now.

FM: Sir, we received a secret wire from the British. The British have landed a massive force in occuplied NW France.
                          Last edited by joncnunn; April 19, 2005, 14:47.
                          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Turn 9: Jan 1941 The trade network collapses

DM: Jon De Gaul, we have costructed a new palace in the next city west from Marsellis. But neither this city nor the other one left in France has a Harbor.

Jon De Gaul: That's terriable news.

DM: In fact, the capital is a size 9 city, and with wine as the only luxary adviable to it, it promptly went into disorder.

Jon De Gaul: Hire an entertainer there.

FA: Sir, our capital being outside everybodys trade network has also caused all our trade agreements to be prematurely canceled. No one trusts us any made to keep our word on them.

Jon De Gaul:

MA: Sir, I recommend we all get back onto the plane right away, I can not guartine our safety here any longer.

Jon De Gaul: You don't have to tell me twince. And could we please fly to Africa instead of the other French town so that our capital would be back within the global trade network?

German Turn

In a plane in an undisclosed location

MA: Sir, I have just received word that the city we just took off from was taken by the dastardly Germans.

Jon De Gaul:
                            Last edited by joncnunn; May 1, 2005, 13:32.
                            Templar Science Minister

Comment

Bring it on Jon
                              and great translation Vovan
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X