Clear All

• Republique Francaise

Republique Francaise

Private and Confidential

July 1801

From Marechal Morangie
    Command Central – Paris

To Emperor Napoleon
    To Marechal's Davout, Lauriston, Ney, Remick, Macdonald, Massena, FScratch, Vandamme and Bessieres

Greetings Lords,

Please find attached a copy of the latest diplomatic standings for our Nation.

Our diplomatic efforts continue with Russia. At this time we cannot give any assurances of thier actual position in regards to our efforts in Spain.

It must be noted that the Suultain of the Ottomen is still sending through very angry disptaches. His threats and rants take up several pages and can be quite disturbing indeed. I would advise you to take due care in your dealings with these people.

May all be well with you all and your commands.

Paddy
    Marechal of France
    Attached Files
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Private and Confidential

August 1801

From Minister of State Gentrig

To Emperor Napoleon

Good day to you my Lord

Please find attached these months’ reports on the state of the Empire.

As the expansion of the Empire continues, I am happy to report that we continue to grow in areas of Manufacturing and Gross National Product.

You surely remember. our forecasts were for a drop this quarter in the Manufacturing area, yet our people have out stripped our expectations yet again.

Along with the growth in land area and population we have taken a major hit in the literacy of our people. A great deal of this is in the new regions of Spain, yet not all. To deal with this matter I have sent instructions for a full audit of schools, libraries and temples to be conducted throughout. These results will take some time to formulate, and I will get the results to you as soon as they become available.

As you requested I have dispatched two teams into the far reaches of Russia. One of these is sailing through the Baltic Sea as you read this, while the other has taken to the roads across Austria. I have pre-arranged communications set up so that their reports can make there way back to France. Hopefully they will meet your expectations, and the desired information of the way of the Russians will become known to us at last.

It certainly has been of interest to note that wonderful amount of gossip doing the Diplomatic and Social scenes here in Paris. Your whereabouts has many a tongue wagging, and so so many variations on where you and the Old Guard are at the current hour.

I must admit that it was a wonderful parade that you put on when you departed back in February. Leading the Old Guard from the city, and heading to the Western Coast, all very magnificent. The urchins in the street march tall in honour of the Guard. And still the society wonders just where in the Empire you will be found this month.

The 357th and 49th Lancer Regiments are now fully re-deployed to your personal couriers command. This has caused a bit of congestion around here, but only a slight hiccup in the overall picture. At this time I have them leaving Paris at all hours for all points of the Empire. At this time I have over 100 staff just preparing dispatch cases and orders for these couriers. Certainly no mere observer will be able to pin done your exact whereabouts by trailing the riders..

Emperor, thank you for your kindness to my sisters boy. His appointment to your staff has brought much happiness to my sister’s face and gratefulness to my own. He is a good lad, and has served our people well. I trust he is doing my family name well.

May the Guard forever shine like the Great Star of the North.

Yours in confidence

Harick
    Minister of France
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paddy; January 21, 2005, 14:51.
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Private and Confidential

September 1801

From Marechal Davout
      The New Territories - Seville

To Marechal Morangie
      Command Central – Paris

Greetings old friend,

Please send my compliments to his Imperial Highness Napoleon.

I hear that the Emperor and the Old Guard are marching across the length and breadth of France, visiting every hamlet and village. Surely the people must know the GLORY that is France whenever they see the Regiments of the Old Guard march by, and then set their camp in the area.

The war against the Spanish Rebels continues. Many of our objectives have been met and we continue to move along very closely to our Emperors timetable.

I have attached the latest map from my cartographers.

You will be please to note that my Cavalry Army stands fully regrouped and ready for the assault on the Rebel stronghold of Lagos.

The other side to this is that Marechal Lauriston’s Cavalry Army is in dire need of a full rest and regrouping. Reinforcements are due to arrive in the area momentarily, and they will be used to fill Marechal Lauriston’s ranks.

The way that he deployed and utilized this battle group during the capturing of Madrid was inspirational. Then to have pushed them into the battle that assisted my lads in capturing this city raised the moral of both Armies. The part I reserve for a touch of awe was when standing on the plains north of Gibraltar. My Generals and I were debating whether to lay siege to the city or take the battle into the ancient Port City.

Padriac you will get a good laugh, across the fields came a haunting tune of trumpeters and wrapped horns. Then we could here the drums. Soon an outrider appeared from the 37th Regiment, explaining the Marechal Lauriston was marching on Gibraltar. Now this raised a few eyebrows amongst my staff. We knew only to well the mauling that this mighty Cavalry Army had sustained in the recent months. It was suggested that they were here to bolster our numbers and to assist in a siege.

Well the many theories that were put forward never came near the fact that Luc was just driving his lads past us. When it became apparent that they were not stopping several of us called for our mounts and were heading off to see what was going on. At this time one of Luc’s aids rode up, presenting the Marechal’s compliments and an invitation to dine that evening at a delightful café the Marechal knew of along the main harbour. A tad cheeky, yet of the class one expects when dealing with the Marechal.

From there all plans of watching were off. I quizzed Luc’s aide, read the two maps that Luc had sent, sent a short reply, and then got into the issue with my staff. Not that it was hard to work out, or to have our units ready and in positions.

Marechal Lauriston's Cavalry Army hit the walled city of Gibraltar like a wave of avenging Valkeryie. And so that there was no mistake, I unleashed my main force in to reinforce the issue. Thus Gibraltar fell, and the Straits became a part of the Empire.

I dare say that I will be seeing Vice Amiral Bruix in the very near future. I have had two of his staff within my general staff for the past year, and as soon as the battle was declared a victory, one of them, a Captain Formbert, took to his stallion and made a fast pace to the north.

So at this time Marechal Lauriston has taken up residence here in Seville.

To my east Marechal Macdonald stands ready to take Cartagena. This victory will complete the East Coast, and thus will consolidate the Empire.

Word has also arrived that the Emperor has appointed his brother Joseph as the King of the freed Spain. Long live the King.

In accordance with the Emperors wishes I have had General Trauul hand over the keys to Merida to the English. I here that the ceremony was short and sweet, with a Horse Guards Colonel and several detachments of his men taking over from two of our Regiments. There is the possibility that the English may be a bit stretched in this region at the moment.

Be well my friend. May you enjoy your time in Paris, and may you never forget the fact that the rest of us are doing the hard work, while you have your feet up and some aides running here and there fetching your precious whiskies and savouries…

Louis
      Attached Files
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Review of the Old Guard

September 1801

Somewhere in France
        Attached Files
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Excellent
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

WOW

this could be the makings of an epic novel

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

----------------------------------------------

Thanks lads for your encouragement

This is truely my favourite scenarios and games.

I have a real passion for the period.

Please, to those of you awaiting updates on "5th Destroyer Squadron" & " Charlie" I appreciate your patience. I have hit a wall with them, and hope to get back at them some time soon

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Private and Confidential

September 1801

From Marechal Remick
                District Governor ¡V Amsterdam

To Marechal Morangie
                Command Central ¡V Paris

Bonjour,

It has been said that the intricacies of Court can never be missed. Yet my time here in this ancient of Cities leads me to yearn for the times of gay Paree, the parties, the splendor, the happiness, oh the sheer gossip. ļ

Many a day here is spent mollifying border disputes, boundary lines and trade negotiations. The various differences between the four Kingdoms need to be seen to be believed. This land of crossroads certainly can drive one to desire unleashing the Voltiguers. That would give these locals something to think of next time a currency transaction does not meet the requirements of the orders sent through from a distant party. Ah to again lead my troops, to be gone with these administrative clerks.

Never mind the arrogance of the Prussians, the stubbornness of the Austrians, the aloofness of the English, the wildness of the Scandinavians, it is the almost blandness of the locals that really is most annoying. Anyone would think that we are oppressing some of these people. Yet they live good clean healthy lives. The community is a prosperous and very giving, both to the area, and to the nation in general.

A major complaint is the draft. I have spoken with several other leaders and would like for you to look closely at the attached figures on how this is effecting the population here. I believe that these past months have taken quite a toll on the people. In this I have ceased this institution, as I am sure you understand. Please advise if you require this to start again.

I have also included the Engineering and Surveyor reports, maps and designs for the new townships. Avignon will be quite a good community, and should very quickly be an active and prosperous member of the Empire.

As to our neighbours the Prussians, they have little to report of the Russians. They really have little to say of what does go on over on their western border. Your requests for information have not been met with death ears, it is just hard to get an ounce of anything from these arrogant people when they choice to shut you off. I must say that this silence could mean too many things for me to accurately help you at this time.

To my blessed troops, I have them training and preparing for many different situations. The new recruits have been sent as ordered and they have gone with the blessing of my staff. One sometimes must wonder of the ways of our Emperor, his methods certainly do not meet the conventions of History.

As to our Emperor, I look forward to him and his beloved Old Guard Regiments visiting my district in the coming months. I so remember the campaigns of Naples, the swagger those men would raise out of the youngest of us, the way the tired, injured and even the elderly would rise to the occasion and give more than could have been requested.

Ah Lord Morangie, I petition you to let me and my men free of this garrison duty. Let us once again know that joy of the open field and the smell of powder. Yet I too know the duties of holding this garrison, to standing the line. So do not take my concerns for battle to closely, ah, for I am sure you know only too well my desire to walk in the footsteps of our Emperor Napoleon.

So ends my report and letter,

Remick
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Marvellous stuff was this penned by the infamous Marachel Remick personally ?
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Cheers

No but in consultation
                    and some local knowledge helps

I am of the Horde.

Comment

To my darling Cheri,

I send you the love of my heart.

I trust that you are well and enjoying the season.

My Regiment has just concluded a massive journey across our lovely country. All the time in carriages laid on by our Lord and Emperor. This day has found us camped with the rest of the Guard Brigade in the grounds of a mighty Château. All while the officers enjoy themselves into the late hours, dancing in the Château, our Lord Bonaparte moves from camp fire to camp fire. Ever sharing a laugh, a quiet word, enquiring after a loved one, ever letting us know that he is one of us.

My darling sweet lady, I love you. I miss you and I await the day soon that you are again in my arms. I have the approval to have six weeks leave in three months time. Yes six luxurious weeks together again.

My hugs and love to our family

May you be strong in these days

Marc
                      Sargent of the Guard
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Private and Confidential

December 1801

From Marechal Remick
                        Northern Command - Amsterdam

To Marechal Morangie
                        Command Central – Paris

Please find attached the details you requested.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Paddy; January 28, 2005, 10:25.
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Private and Confidential

December 1801

From Marechal Lauriston
                          Independent Command - South

To Marechal Morangie
                          Command Central – Paris

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Paddy; January 28, 2005, 10:28.
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Private and Confidential

December 1801

From Marechal Davout
                            Southern Command - Milan

To Marechal Morangie
                            Command Central – Paris

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Paddy; January 28, 2005, 10:32.
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Private and Confidential

December 1801

From Marechal Ney
                              Independent Command - East

To Marechal Morangie
                              Command Central – Paris

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Paddy; January 28, 2005, 10:35.
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X