The Log of Prince Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Log of Prince Henry

Prince Henry, lord of Portugal,looked down on the tiny new city of Lisbon from his just completed "palace". Well, more like a large house. Anyway...

The land of his fledgling empire was excellent. To the southwest and southeast lay golden fields of wheat, rustling slightly in the sea breeze that almost always buffeted this land. Off the southeastern docks, small fishing boats trolled the rich fisheries that supplied his dinner. Finally, on the very edge of the Southern grasslands, lay the forest through which his father, King Franko, had led his people to the very spot the palace now stood, and proclaimed it the city of Lisbon.

Of course, the declaration was a little rash, and it took a few months before the settlement was completed. A week before the groundbreaking of the palace, King Franco died after catching pnumonia in a rainstorm. His wife, Queen Cady, could not rule without a husbund, and so Henry was made ruler. He still refused to be called king, insisting still on the title of Prince. A knock on the door disrupted his train of thought.

It was Charles de Levonsa, military advisor to the crown: "Milord, I have the report our troop of warriors sent back, detailing the lay of the land. I also have an emmissiary from a King Hammurabi, who is the ruler of a poor little town called Babylon.
    "Send in the emmisiary, please."

A little while later, a small, wizened man with pale skin entered, almost tripping over his rediculously long robe. "I greet you on behalf of Hammurabi, the soverign lord of the Universe. We implore you tiny fishing village to join our glorious civilization, for your own benifit. We offer you this beautigul bone ax as a sign of your submission to our culture. We......
    "Mighty Portugal will not except any forigner as her lord and master. Out with You!"

We implore you tiny fishing village to join our glorious civilization, for your own benifit. We offer you this beautigul bone ax as a sign of your submission to our culture. We......

...Nice to see some activity in this section again...
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Good start but space out your dialogue from different characters

Looking forward to some more
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Well, what can I say... A little on the short side this, but it certainly has the beginnings of a nice story. It got me wondering what will happen next: will the poor Babylonians be forgotten; or will they be crushed like mere bugs by the Porutugese; or else maybe it will turn out that Prince Henry's impression of the grandeur of his own land is but a mere delusion of a nation so puny as to not even comprehend the extent of its inferiority to the Babylonians? Whatever the outcome, I thirst for more.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Looking forward to more Spacedragonblue

thanks
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
          X