Hrothmund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hrothmund

Behold! I am Hrothmund and I am a teller and a hero of tales.

I was born on the dark shores of Northern Europe in the midst of a raging storm that suddenly broke as I left my mother¡¯s womb. The holy men said I would break the darkness of our land as my birth broke the winds and rain.

When I became a man, my father the king told me that it was my destiny to help my people take the northern lands that had been occupied by the cursed Romans for so long. Indeed, my father did not need to order this, the destruction of the arrogant Roman invaders had been on my mind since even before I was born. It was for this that I came into the world!

First I ordered my people to settle as much land as they could before it was taken by the Franks. To conquer Rome we would need people as numerous as the rocks on our shores. Once they started out, founding towns like Bremen, I sent a number of people and warriors on their way to England by ship. First we would take the land by building towns. Then we would take it by courage and force of arms!
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

In that year we built many villages to the west and south. Bremen, Repton, Hrothton, Chippenham, and other settlers finding good sites but too late in the year to build permanent homes.
    Our ships continued along the whale-road, the bright blue path along the coast towards Roman-held England. In preparation for the wars to come we began training ourselves in the ways of war, the arts of glory, thinking about how to most hurt the enemy by destroying them in their towns.

Comment

The next spring our people spread further and further, founding the towns of Hohwarcht and Lindsey. Skilled carpenters build great mead halls and shrines to our native gods. May they be praised!
      My father told me to see the Franks and offer them gifts of knowledge that they would be our allies. It is good to have only one enemy, said my father, and that enemy must be Rome. I visited a Frankish coastal town where they sat on the shore and sighed for a way to sail with the gulls and dance over the waves like the whales. I showed them how to build ships and rig them with sails. For this they were grateful and gave me gold and promises of friendship. Later our friendship may become brotherhood and we can work together to crush the menace from Italy.
      Some of our people landed on the English Isle and waited to see the reaction of the Romans before attempting to build a settlement. May the gods be with them and their efforts!
      Through the fruit of our loins and the strength of our arms we shall someday take the land away from the pathetic grain eating Romans. This I endeavour in the name of my father the king!

Comment

good to see matey

more please
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Thank you. I shall be posting as time permits.

Comment

My father¡¯s ships have been sailing along the coast on their way to and from England. Without harm to Frankish flock or maid they have been sailing and camping along the shores but Clovis king of the Gauls dare to tell us to leave their territory! Territory they would lose in a heartbeat but for the mercy and generosity of my people. And then, later that year, the Gallic migrants dare cross our southern lands with raiders on their way to settle lands that rightfully belong to us! Well, let them build cities. They will eventually be ours . . . . .

To counter the Gallic thieves my king has ordered that more Anglo-Saxons leave the towns with many people and settle the wilderness before it is lost to our dishonourable friends. The king has also ordered that more roads be built to speed their journey and increase trade. After all, iron is not the only metal required for building an empire.

Word has come from England that our people have built the town of Cirencester and started work on barracks. We must look to our defences first so we are not surprised by the Romans should they be hostile. I hear they have also sent a group of warriors north to seek other suitable sites for our future towns. The island of England is fertile and we shall prosper there.

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
              Thank you. I shall be posting as time permits.
              one hopes you can get some time away from your students for this worthwhile project
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

we hope that the seas have not swallowed you up but if they have they be kind to us by spewing forth your remains to be ressurected upon Apolyton yonder shores
                Attached Files
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Yeah, or we will get Gilligan and the Professor after you
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Oops . . . .

That game save is long gone, sorry.

Comment

ahghh well may be you could borrow some ahhh imagination then
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Imagination is not the problem; memory and dedication are the problems.

Comment

Good start Masuro looking forward to some more

What is this game based on ? is it a scenario or mod of some sort ?
                          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Curse you, Grandpa Troll, for bumping this thread.
                            I think it was based on the mediaeval conquest. Or was it the Fall of Rome conquest? Hmmm. Maybe the Fall of Rome since I mentioned Rome as the Enemy.
                            Should I start again? Let me think about it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
                              Curse you, Grandpa Troll, for bumping this thread.
                              BUMP "THIS"
                              Attached Files
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                              X