Jon's wonder building in Ancient Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon's wonder building in Ancient Egypt

At the dawn of history, most people had an average life span in the mid 20s, except for a hand full of people, each of which for their godlike powers was made absolute rulers of their county.
    One such man was Jon who was made absolute ruler of Egypt. This group then decided to make a contest, where building great monuments was worth by far the most points, but would award some points for scientific research and military conquest. Once all seven wonders were complete, they would tabulate the points and the one with the highest score would be given control all our empires and the rest would leave for such distant parts as Japan, Western Europe, and Meso-America.

Being an industrious man by nature, Jon set out with the goal of building all seven wonders. The advanced Agricutural techniques he posessed would also come in handy irrigating the desert sufficently to support a full citizen at a time where most others could only support half a citizen in irrigated desert.

Still, Jon knew that some of the needed resources were a little ways away and would need new settlements to bring them into the empire and that the Phoenican player could only be trusted if Jon had enough war chariots.

Accordingly, Jon devoted his capital to building great monuments, the northern most city into building war chariots, and the southern city into building Settlers, Workers and normal improvements.

When the sneaky Phoenicans tried to send a worker down to colonize needed resources along the west coast of the Red Sea, Jon sent one War Chariot to the one tile choke point freezing that worker in place. Jon then sent a settler out to settle there to securely claim the land before moving the war chariot to let the worker return back to Phoenica.

Whenever the barb horsemen in the west arose, Jon would send his War Charoits out to plunder their cash.

Evenually the Hanging Gardens was complete, which trigured a Golden Age. Jon used this to build more wonders, and was quickly racking up the score as science was progressingly very nicely due to Jon beeling to Obligarchy and skipping the useless Tribal Council govt that the others were so found of.

In the end, Jon didn't quite succeed in his goal of building all of them, having only built five, but that was still enough for the big W; earning more points than everyone else combined.

Edit: Spelling error fixed
    Last edited by joncnunn; September 8, 2004, 16:06.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

thanks mate

I often struggle with how to explain the one leader for such long periods and you quite quickly cut through that so well

that was a great quick yarn

hope that you have more and that you will share them with us
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Bump

Isn't anyone else reading this? The dude deserves some credit even if it is a little on the short side.
      Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

indeed he does - it is a hoot

heres hoping he continues writing more of them
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

I hereby issue One Grandpa Troll Credit good through 12-31-2004.

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

What's a Grandpa Troll Credit?

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
            I hereby issue One Grandpa Troll Credit good through 12-31-2004.

Gramps
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

A Grandpa Troll Credit give you "credit for a job well done" reddemable at any Apolyton Forum whereas you present this and all will give you credit for having responded.."In whole, in Part or parcel" to wit......

Comment

amazing
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Of note I finished playing this conquest as the Greeks, but the game ended up too similar to the egyptian one to write a story about.

(Edit now that the game ended)
                  Last edited by joncnunn; November 11, 2004, 17:14.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

I do understand I have started several and found them headed toward a deadend of non enthusiastic endeavor

Hope ya get it to where you are properly motivated

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                    X