The Storyteller Interviews, Edition 2: Grandpa Troll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Storyteller Interviews, Edition 2: Grandpa Troll

Hi Everybody! It's your ol' pal Alexander the Great here, interviewing our good buddy Grandpa Troll!!! I took this interviewer gig because the all-knowing boss of me, Metaliturtle, has no plans for me to be in his stories anymore. Woe is me! But for reals, this isn't about me, it's about one of my favorite new additions to the Civ3 Stories Forum, Grandpa Troll!!! I already said that... but I'll say it again!! Grandpa Troll!!!!

So, here's the name of the game folks. You post all kinds of crazy obscene questions on this thread. Good ol' reliable Grandpa Troll answers them in a series of PMs to Mister Metaliturtle. Mister Metaliturtle then rocks it out in a big fat informative yet highly entertaining document for our all-wise "Yoda" of stories, Dark Cloud. Then Dark Cloud will make it a news item and instantly Grandpa Troll, Metaliturtle, and I become famous in Apolyton Land! (Not that I already wasn't.)

So let's see some...

Questions for Grandpa Troll!

1. Grandpa Troll, word on the street is that Grandpa Troll isn't your original forum handle, would you care to explain the evolution of your many Apolyton names?

2. I saw a bumper sticker once that said 'If you remember the 60's, you probably weren't there," so, what happened back in the 1960's that you were so hesitant to talk about?

3. Which of your Grandpalicious (can I call you Grandpalicious?) stories is your favorite? Your least favorite?

4. What are your 3- 5 Favorite Civ III-Story Tales OTHERS have written and why did you enjoy them?

5. If an Ocelot got into a fight with a modestly armed Lancelot (of King Arthur fame), who would win, in your opinion and why?

6. What got you interested in writing?

7. How old were you when you first started writing?

8. What motivates your writings?

9. Does forum feedback dictate storyline in a current writing? Future writing?

10. Why write for Apolyton?

11. Your avatar has a picture of you and your grandson, tell us a little about him.

12. Do you think he will become a lil' Troll and rock some spiffy stories out on here anytime soon?

13. I noticed that you are a member of Apolyton Plus, since some people may not be sure about the benefits (besides the really cool 'inmate' badge) could you tell us why you think Apolyton Plus was worth the investment?

14. I believe 13 questions is bad luck, are you superstitious at all?

So there's some questions to start stirring the pot, ask any, ask all, ask about whatever, you post questions, I'll try to get Grandpa Troll to send them to Metaliturtle to send them to Dark Cloud so he can post them and then you can read the answers! Phew!
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Thanks for posting this The questions seem fairly good- I especially like #13.

Though once again, I dislike #5...
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DC, let's face it, we're gonna keep battling animals because it gives the author a chance to show off Creativi-T!

Edited addendum: Plus, Ocelot rhymes sorta with Lancelot, and that's cool!
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Question 15: If you could have lunch with any Apolyton author, who would it be, and why?

Comment

that's a good number to round it out with
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

very nice, I'd see about adding anything... but I think you've got it basically figured out.

Nice work Turtle.
            Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

looks great
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Okay, so just wondering, is Grandpa answering these yet?

We should see the feature on Metaliturtle in the next week or so
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  Okay, so just wondering, is Grandpa answering these yet?

We should see the feature on Metaliturtle in the next week or so
                  Yes and I have to answer the last about lunch

Let me think.. (whom will pay and whom would ditch?? leaving me holding da check?)
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
                    Question 15: If you could have lunch with any Apolyton author, who would it be, and why?
                    Answered along with question 16

ok..if anymore come along ill answers them as well
                    Attached Files

Comment

Okay, well, Metaliturtle, if you could please send me the edited answers, I'll see what I can do with them.

I'll nudge mark and dan about jump-starting hte series with an official large news item/special... now that the Apolyton 6th Birthday celebration is over, it'll probably be only a matter of days before Interview #1 is up!
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

hehe I was waiting for interview 1 to be up before I did NE thing

Comment

MarkG wants to know when we'll be done with the second interview. It seems he was waiting on us.
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                            MarkG wants to know when we'll be done with the second interview. It seems he was waiting on us.
                            I am ready to answer any other questions, SUCH AS:

Q-Whom is your favorite Greek of all time?

A-MarkG: (KISS)

Q-Favorite all time Civilization site:

A-Apolyton!

Q-Favorite Website:

A-Apolyton!

Q-Favorite Forums at Apolton:

A-Three; CIVIII,CTP1 and OT-because I learn so much from all the knowlegeable people (or at least thats what they make themselves out to be??)

Q-Favorite CIVIII Stories Editor

A-Toughie but I would have to lean toward Dark Cloud

Gramps

Comment

ok, well, Wednesday sometime will be when I have the time set aside to finish it up

Comment

Working...
                              X