Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in combining a game of Civ3 with story writing and NESlike qualities too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in combining a game of Civ3 with story writing and NESlike qualities too?

Well I sure as peaches am!

I'm talking about a Civ3 Diplogame, and I know there are people here just itching to create a team story, one that will feature the skills of every writer, and it will have game saves to coincide with the story so the readers can see what the crap we're writing!

It's a spin-off of PBEM although we could do Online MP if we could get a group together at the same time. Personally I would enjoy this opportunity to play a game of Civ 3 where REAL diplomacy goes down. The idea of a diplogame is NOT beating the other players into submission, it's using awesome strategerie (word borrowed from my president) and diplomacy (diplo... duh ) to create a story that draws readers in.

Didn't I see a thread here about getting more people to come to the stories forum?

Well, You can find stuff out about it here: Civ3 Diplogame?

This promises to be really cool, and I want to see some of you guys playing, it would be interesting to see what kind of nations you guys cook up.
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

I did a civ story with you a couple of summers ago, turtle. Everyone attacked Italy and you were macedonia and I was persia. It was over in 1 or 2 day cause some other people said like, 'I land half a million soldiers in Italy. Next turn I take over rome."

I don't know man. Trying to ressurect NES's here is like coaxing TootingCommon (spelling might be off a little but just going by the sound of it) from his tomb. Also, I don't know who actually plays civ here. I extremely occasionally fire up my mod for a spin but usually I play Sudden Strike and online chess for tactical challenge.

But all the power to you if you want to. I give you my political support, instead of donating money to kerry to fund his botox and haircut fees.
    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

it's not a NES it's a diplomacy game, it's a story based on a multiplayer civ3 game
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

tell me more oh great Numero Uno Story writer?

How doth one participate?

let me know as i am Dumbuttockius of El Stupidito of da Unawarez

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Click the Civ3 Diplogame link in my first post and read Ozzy's Faq, I'm thinking we'd set it up like a PBEM game

Comment

Like i stated there as long as no overwriting of files as i dun wanna frick up me game

and if its on a PBEM style I have a whirl..never done a diplomacy game so ill be learning as i go

Gramps

Comment

Shouldn't have to overwrite files, and I haven't done a diplo game either

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
                Shouldn't have to overwrite files, and I haven't done a diplo game either
                Well

When should we start then??

Maybe I will pull this wabbit out of my hat and then "WALLL-AHH" Instant game, eh?

Attached Files

Comment

We need to gather more players yet, I think right now we just have three, I want to see five people that would be fairly dedicated, then we gotta figure out which versions everyone's running etc.

Comment

I volunteer to read the story.
                    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Ok..so where do we stand now?

I mean if we need people lets get going and join up..I may not look like much now mister but before starting in the CIVIII Forums I was a mess..so ifin you wanna look like me..JOIN NOW!!

GT
                      Attached Files

Comment

lol, that other post that I have the link to is where we should be setting up I think, then we need someone to facilitate the beginning and we still need 3-5 more players

Comment

lol, that other post that I have the link to is where we should be setting up I think, then we need someone to facilitate the beginning and we still need 3-5 more players
                          Well hope this dont turn into another one of them where I believ Nuclear disaster sent me like a bunch of emails to ask me to participate in I believe a D A R and since (around a good month or more) havent done anything concerning this!

Gramps

Comment

nope, that's for Apolyton University

Comment

nope, that's for Apolyton University
                              Ahh..I see

Thanks but still it hasnt happened to my knowledge

GT

Comment

Working...
                              X