The Storyteller Interviews, Edition I: Metaliturtle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Storyteller Interviews, Edition I: Metaliturtle

I have siezed the honor of being the first interviewer, I did so because it seemed like a high visibility yet low effort way to help the forum, and so since I grabbed it first I may now offer my co9ndolences to thye rest of you who feel within your breasts the yearning to help, and yet who have been denied this particularly easy path. I urge you to scurry on and to help the forum in any way you can, Metaliturtle himself has volunteered to be the second interviewer, but I'm sure we'll have openings down the road.

Now, in order to make my job as painless as possible I wish to offer my fellow posters a chance to ask questions that they would like to see asked, I have begun the list but I feel it would be more interesting to you (the poster) if you added your own questions and saw them answered. And also, DC told me to.

Questions for Metaliturtle

1. Interesting name, Metaliturtle, how did you come by it?

2. Alexander the Great tends to play a rather dominant role in many of your stories, can you explain why?

3. Which of your stories is your favorite? Your least favorite?

4. What are your 3- 5 Favorite Civ III-Story Tales OTHERS have written and why did you enjoy them?

5. If a Penguin got into a fight with an Ostrich, who would win, in your opinion?

6. What got you interested in writing?

7. How old were you when you first started writing?

8. What motivates your writings?

9. Does forum feedback dictate storyline in a current writing? Future writing?

10. Why write for Apolyton?
    Last edited by SKILORD; July 5, 2004, 15:03.
    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Question One-What got you interested in writing?

Question Two- How old were you when you first started writing?

Question Three-What motivates your writings?

Question Four-Does forum feedback dictate storyline in a current writing? Future writing?

Question Five-Why write for Apolyton?

These could be for any/all interviewees.

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

hehe secretized for the dark cloud!
      Last edited by Metaliturtle; July 6, 2004, 01:26.
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Very good response!

Keep 'em coming!

GT

Comment

Metaliturtle- please edit that out and PM the information to SKILORD!

otherwise the interview can't be a newsitem!

thanks...

--
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Very good list of questions and professional presentation, SKILORD

and then, just so the other 'must-answer' questions don't get lost- I'll repost them here
            (The main reason for these questions is so that we can get more readers/writers for the storyforums... for example: if metaliturtle names specific stories he enjoyed, I or SKILORD can hunt down the links for them and hyperlink in the newsitem!)

3. Which of your stories is your favorite? Your least favorite?
            This is good... and you already have it

but could you change this-

4. If you had to pick a single favorite story out of these forums, which would it be?
            to this->

2. So, what are your 3- 5 Favorite Civ III-Story Tales OTHERS have written and why did you enjoy them?

Thanks!
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Oh by the way SKILORD, could you perhaps help me with the formatting of my signature... my HTML coding doesn't seem to be working... and now that I look at it the CGN link wouldn't work anyway... but do I have to use VBBoard coding to get it to work?

thanks!
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Ok

just to get the bumps out of the way and have a smooth trip, we post questions here and they are added to skilords post and answered by PM by the person being interviewed?

ok..lets rock on!!

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

2. So, what are your 3- 5 Favorite Civ III-Story Tales OTHERS have written and why did you enjoy them?

Thanks!
                  What I love about this being placed is for the following reasons:

I am not sure how many writers currently active but if someone such as myself wants to be a successful and popular writer, they should read what others have posted!

Why?

A-To see varying styles
                  B-See what is a success and is not by our loving communtiy (tracing back the previous winners) is one way!

I would also ask an additional question to myself and maybe would ask writers to do the same:

NOT TO BE PUBLISHED MIND YOU!!!

But, I would ask a similiar question I ask when I am hiring a person. What didnt you like about certain stories. This could be answered internally and should be. Then a person doesnt get caught in a certain trappings of a particular style.

I want to know what people find interesting. I also want to know what they dont find interesting.

You know, I am my own best critic (or should I say worse??)

Self-searching ones soul may help find ones inner self and release it. The surface is nice but break away that area and find what the real substance of ones life is all about....(Of course, there is such a thingey as T.M.I.>>>>>>TOOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!!<<<<<<<<

Ok...great news items coming forth and I see this as a successful marriage, Apolyton and then engines that drive it!!

Lets continue the interviews!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                    Metaliturtle- please edit that out and PM the information to SKILORD!

otherwise the interview can't be a newsitem!

thanks...

--
                    hehe, lucky thing the forum was on the fritz last night because I dang near edited them into the first post (italicized and after the questions)

-

As for the siggie (my siggie rocks, that's two people that it's influenced now) you've gotta use the board coding, that's all, it doesn't get html.

Anyways, I'll fix the question you wanted fixed.
                    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

thank you for your help!
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Alright, get your questions in!

DC, when you want me to stop taking them and to post my findings?

Comment

So how is the first installment progressing?

Gramps

Comment

The turtle PMed me most of it, I'm still waiting patiently for orders from DC as to when to end and how to present his answers....

Comment

Originally posted by SKILORD
                              The turtle PMed me most of it, I'm still waiting patiently for orders from DC as to when to end and how to present his answers....
                              Ok..good luck

meanwhile..just checking out alternate wordings for future stories...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X