No announcement yet.

Brennus the Immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sun rose in the east, silhouetting Conan standing straight up in his saddle with his sword raised. When the walls of Hlobane were bathed in the fiery rays of the early morning sun, he swung his sword downwards and shouted, ¡°First Catapults, fire!!¡± The catapults lifting the stones in the air groaned, ¡°We have passed judgement.¡± The boulders streaking across the sky screamed, ¡°We find you guilty!¡± And the thuds and crashes of the boulders inside the city pronounced, ¡°Your punishment is Doom.¡± The screams and shouts from within answered, ¡°Why must it be so?¡± Conan raised his sword again and brought it down. The Second Catapults also brought doom upon the people of Hlobane. Guilty or innocent, the rocks falling on their city brought death equally to everyone like the angels of the Hebrews. Up came the sword again, and when it fell archers released their arrows into the city where they pierced shield, bone, shutter, and flesh. This was kept up for an hour and when it stopped there was no sound from inside the city. Before any more orders could be given, the gates of Hlobane opened and one man, bloody and limping, walked to Conan and looked up at him with dead eyes. ¡°Please stop¡± was all he said, and collapsed on the ground.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Excellent work Masuro

I have only one complaint; What is going on with your " punctuations? When you quote people I get the following

¡° (Quote) ¡±

I mention this because it makes the reading much more difficult to follow. I humbly suggest using the standard " marks or in lieu of this italicize the quotes.

Other than the unorthodox punctuation, you story has been very entertaining. Keep up the good work.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words about my story. I'm really enjoying making this up.
        As for puncuation, I've been writing in Microsoft Word and just pasting to this thread. That probably explains the slanted quotation marks. All the same, it doesn't look that odd to me.
        Formerly known as Masuro.
        The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

indeed

cheers mate
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

good work
            Kermit the frog

Comment

Great work Masuro, though Im seeing the symbols Mad Bomber mentioned too.

A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Working...
              X