Civ III Stories Contest Round 19: Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III Stories Contest Round 19: Finals

Hello, Welcome to the Stories Contest Round 19 Finals.

Good luck to all our finalists!

This round will stay open for 14 days as opposed to the usual 7-10 days so that all the new people can have a chance to read and evaluate their favorite tales.

Good luck to all our participants!

-DC

--
    People of the Valley" by Paddy the Scot
    "Failure is their Salvation" by Shogun Gunner
    "The Fight For Freedom" by Chrisius Maximus
    Who Can Stop the Winds of Change? by unscratchedfoot
    <b><a target="xx34xx" href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71810">"The Fight For Freedom"</a> by Chrisius Maximus</b>
    43.48%
    <b><a target="xx3xx" href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105306">"Failure is their Salvation" </a>by Shogun Gunner</b>
    13.04%
    <b><a target="xxxx4" href="http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95744">People of the Valley" </a>by Paddy the Scot</b>
    26.09%
    <b><A target="askjdf" href="http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=1851884#post1851884">Who Can Stop the Winds of Change?</a> by <a target="new" href="http://www.apolyton.net/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=19701">unscratchedfoot</a></b>
    17.39%

The poll is expired.

-->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

My vote goes for Scratchy's winds of change story.

It is I think one of the best stories here to emcompass one of civ3's odditties, Cultural conversion. Written in an extroadinary way, as most of unscratchedfoot's work is But the certainly most original and inventive work on these boards for some time.

Scratch I know you struggled with this first time and had to put it to one side for quite some time, but when you got back to it and tackled it again IMHO you did an excellent job

Must point out also that I was very torn between the other works, the standards set on this forum are incredible, and if I could vote for all of them I would. But Scratch gets my vote in this round

Good luck to all entrants
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I voted for you Chrisus.
      Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

"The Fight For Freedom" by Chrisius Maximus

A bloody great yarn...
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

We need more people to come and vote, only 7 so far from a site that boasts thousands of members
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

All are great tales. It is always hard to pick just one. In this case Chrisius made the choice a little easier. "The fight for Freedom" just touched the heart. Thanks Chrisius...you got my vote!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I have to say, "The Fight For Freedom" gets my vote.

I enjoyed all four stories, but I enjoyed Chrisius Maximus' yarn the best. Good writing Chisius!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Thanks for your endorsement Chris. I was going to vote for Paddy since he put a lot of work into his story, but now I feel obligated to vote for you in retaliation. I guess you'll be at like 7 or something after this so most probably you'll win again.
                Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Thank you for the endorsement Scratch

Yet even I voted for Chris. The fates are on the job...

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                    We need more people to come and vote, only 7 so far from a site that boasts thousands of members
                    To quote Chrisius "We need more people to come and vote."

One way to get more people is through publicity.

I believe that we can do this through some simple tactics.

In our user profiles we are able to add a signature, some people use this, others do not. It is my experience that these signatures can be very effective in sharing information, and ideas. Thus I would ask that you add the following to your signature in your Profile. Then as we move throughout the various forums on the site, we will effectively be letting people know what is going on, and where they can contribute.

For to quote Chrisius again "... from a site that boasts thousands of members."

[?b]It is time to vote for the [?url=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106781]Civ III Stories Contest Round 19: Finals[/url][/b]

To make this operational, please remove all of the "?" that I have added to the equation. They were only added so that the equation was presented. For an example please see below. If you find the size an issue, you can adjust it from 4 to 3 etc.

There is 11 days left for the voting, so if you can leave it in that long, it would have time to make an impact. And the more people adding this to their signature lines, then the greater the impact that we can make.

I am happy to assist if you have any dramas. Just drop me a PM.

regards
                    Paddy

edit: please note that I have removed the size component from the above formula. I have been advised that the size of signatures should be set at the standard rate.

Last edited by Paddy; January 23, 2004, 09:09.
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Clean out your PM inbox, Paddy, I couldn't send you a reply.

Basically, what it contained is a ... Although I don't like sigs that use increased size... They just sorta disrupt the flow of the thread for me. But otherwise, I have added a link to my sig. Good idea.
                      XBox Live: VovanSim
                      xbox.com (login required)
                      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                      Spore page

Comment

There's been a new vote in the five minutes since I changed my sig. I guess you were right: this is effective.
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

Cleaning it out now, thanks for the heads up on this.

I understand what you mean by the size of the sigs.
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Thanks for the votes ane and all, its really appreciared

Scratch there is no need at all to vote for me, if you feel paddy deserves a vote then please feel free your under no obligation at all

of course the difficulty is always which one their all so good and equally deserve to win

Managed to sort the sig Paddy thanks for the prompt, its not something I bother with normally but if it works it works!

Comment

Well the way I understand it to be, we need to let people know what is going on.

This is one way that brings this contest clearly to peoples attention each time we post somewhere anywhere on the site.

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X