Idea..submit your input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea..submit your input.

This idea is not a new one, but I thought it was always a fun one. It will be a story in which each Apolytoner can write a part. That is, someone will start it off, then someone else will come and add a bit, etc. When the story goes out into left field and evolves into the physical emodiment of Off-Topic/Spam, then it can be ended.

The story line would follow the lives and happenings of the crew of a spaceship sent to Alpha Centauri.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Oh yeah, think Red Dwarf.

hmmmmm.........

Not a bad thought, I would help.

this is the (pure) idea to the neverending story though, bear that in mind. (It's been perverted a long way)
    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Nice idea, I'd like to do it too
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Count me in.
        Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Hmm. There will be a problem with this, the same problem with all multi author stories, that of conflict between authors. For example (using somthing completly out of context), you could say I have 100 tanks, marching on your capital, while your opponent could say "oh yeah? I have 500 Nuclear Missiles heading to your capital" and then you could say "I have an unbeatable SDI defence", and then they could say... It would just go on and on like this. That is, however, if the plot has not been decided.

If all the Authors can think up a common plot, which they all stick to, insted of making up the plot as they go along, this could create a great multiauthor story (for the reader, that is). That is, not just that the ship is going to Alpha Centuri, but all the twists, and turns, the love affairs and the feuds, the life threatening problems and the sucsesses all mapped out before the story is actully written, with a central moderator looking over the charicter development and plot progression, making it less fun for the authors writing the parts.

I, due to time restraints, and a massive Essay workload for this semester, will regretfully not take part in this story, but I wish you the best of luck in its writing, and hope that some of my sugestions can be used.
          I am the second place man!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zalzabad
            Hmm. There will be a problem with this, the same problem with all multi author stories, that of conflict between authors. For example (using somthing completly out of context), you could say I have 100 tanks, marching on your capital, while your opponent could say "oh yeah? I have 500 Nuclear Missiles heading to your capital" and then you could say "I have an unbeatable SDI defence", and then they could say... It would just go on and on like this. That is, however, if the plot has not been decided.
            This really only happens during the SNES with the different authors competing against each other. I don't see that scenario happening, although certainly there will be different styles of writing and plot twists and complete nonsense thrown in. This just makes for more interesting reading.

Comment

We actually did this once before but people would kill off other people's characters.... see

I still think it was a good start for a story but for some reason it died.

Comment

If all the Authors can think up a common plot, which they all stick to, insted of making up the plot as they go along, this could create a great multiauthor story (for the reader, that is). That is, not just that the ship is going to Alpha Centuri, but all the twists, and turns, the love affairs and the feuds, the life threatening problems and the sucsesses all mapped out before the story is actully written, with a central moderator looking over the charicter development and plot progression, making it less fun for the authors writing the parts.
                Perhaps have a basic plot, a reakl wireframe plot that is given to each author when he signs up. This lets them twist it as they please, as long as they keep the story.
                Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Hmm...well, I'll be away once again for the next two weeks...

However, I do hope something happens here with this (and with my Ghosts stories, which I actually do intend to get done, time permitting...). After all, I might just get to roleplay the great man himself - Francis Urquhart!

On second thought, a wandering squid salesman might do me just fine...
                  Empire growing,
                  Pleasures flowing,
                  Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

I would like to contribute to this.

Comment

Plot idea: It is 120 years after Planetfall. Everyone has survived it, and now, all is prospering. The Believers, however, have been at war with the Zakharov-Morgan Federation ever since Day One of Year One. Now, a team of elite commandos have dicovered a relic of the Ancients that could tip the balance of the war in favor of the Zakharov-Morgan Federation. All they have to do is fight through over 120 divisions of Miriam's Army, Navy, and Air Force. And there are other factions trying to get the relic, too...

Comment

But President! That means having to go to the AC-Fiction Forum!

Why not a nice and brutal political intrigue satire bit? Huh?
                        Empire growing,
                        Pleasures flowing,
                        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

There's always a bit of that. For instance, the President always spills his coffee when he drinks it. Miriam (or some other funny name) is a bible-whipper.

Comment

Ahhhh! It's the reincarnation of the Chiron Chronicles!

/me runs away screaming
                            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I hope we get this going, so as to breathe a bit of life into the forum. Things are getting reaaaaaaaly slow here.

Comment

Working...
                              X