Story Contest Round 18: Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Contest Round 18: Nominations

Well... it's here finally! The Round 18 nominations thread!

-
    Please feel free to nominate away!

Remember you CAN nominate or second your own story.
    But it MUST be finished. (we are working on developing that rule, however, so hold tight- further details on that rule will be shown later in the thread)

*Remember the reward is a discount at the Apolyton Store!

*Stories which are seconded will be bolded; and a story must be seconded to move into the Semifinals.

So- Let the Stories begin!

-----THE NOMINEES

"Yuki's Tale" by Lord Zalzabad
    Hotel 6... by grundel70
    Haiku Nation... by Metaliturtle
    "The story of Atlantis" by joe08536
    "Emperor Mao's Last Dance" by Lord Zalzabad
    Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption by SKILORD
    ""La Grande Nation" by KaosXIII
    "Reverie of Empire" by SKILORD
    ---------

THERE ARE ONLY 0 SPOTS LEFT!

NOMINATE YOUR TALE TODAY!
    Last edited by DarkCloud; September 1, 2003, 16:01.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

If he doesn't mind, I'd like to nominate Lord Zalzabad's "Yuki's Tale."

Comment

Thirded
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

No, I don't mind at all. In fact, Im happy so many people nominated it!
        I am the second place man!

Comment

It's good work, deserves it.
          Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

I'd like to nominate Hotel 6, by Grundel. A most excellent piece.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

Ill second that Vovan
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

updated.

Just wondering Chrisius- how much time do you spend online each day? just curious.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

On average about two or three hours usually late in the evening but I check the stories forum to see if their is any new stuff every morning before I go to work and again when I get in from work.

About 90% of my time online is spent at Poly and most of that here at the stories forum, I sometimes venture into the civ3 general ans strategy sections and very rarely see whats going on down in off topic.

I only joined poly for the stories forum.

If its weekend or a day off work and Ive got nothing to do I can spend hours and hours just reading stuff here and sometimes over at cfc, hope this answers your question. Are you doing some kind of survey.

EDIT : I almost forgot to nominate Grundels other recent offering " The path of the Gaul", I really enjoyed reading this. There have been quite a few short stories posted in recent months and if written well these can be as enjoyable to read as a tale of epic proportions. IMHO this is one of the best short stories Ive seen here.
                  Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; June 22, 2003, 04:06.

Comment

thread 91378 "Haiku Nation" by Metaliturtle NOMINATED
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

DC, stick Haiku Nation on the running board

SECONDED
                      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

"The story of Atlantis" by joe08536, good work joe and your first story too

Nominated !!

Comment

"The story of Atlantis" seconded.

Comment

Four more to go. It is not good enough to win, but to move things on a bit, I will nominate my latest story, Emperor Mao's Last Dance, bad translations and all.
                            I am the second place man!

Comment

Working...
                            X