A World at Horrible, Horrible War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bad. Not good either.

Sorry, I'm just being a pain. Very intriguing, the black box and all. I didn't understand the paragraph about the feet hanging from the car and being attached to a body or something after reading it 3 times. Then again I'm not a fan of Clancy although I did like the movie Clear & Present Danger which I saw twice.

Waiting for more of the goods.
    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Close encounters eh, or chinese meddling.
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

You knew it! The Chinese! But anyway...

At an airbase in the Taklamakan Desert not too far from the secret training base the Minister had visited, a foul brew was on the stovetop burners...

A stench reminscent of diesel fuel filled the air as sirens began to ring. There was a low rumble, and two large grey steel doors began to part, revealing an emptiness inside a large aircraft hanger. Men in environmental protection suits were scurrying to and fro, as everyone and everything got out of the way. Just as the last fuel truck had unhooked it's lines from the side of the hangar, the stillness inside the hangar began to move...

At first, it was little more than a small glint. But the glint grew larger, and larger. Soon, it began to define it's shape, as it began to move forward. The glint grew wider and wider, and sharper, and sharper. Finally, a portion of the object emerged from the hangar, then more, and more of it...

As a significantly larger proportion became visible, the shape became clearer. The front of the object tapered to a thin, sharp apex, which curved backward. Finally, it became clear that the object was shaped like a sharply-swept crescent.

At the rear of the object were two large openings...

The openings began to glow, and the object began to move forward, as a blue flame erupted from both ports.

The object accelerated to a high speed, and lifted off. It moved at a high speed and dissapeared underneath the horizon within seconds.
        Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Hey, this is great! Can't wait to find out what this object is!

Comment

However, the Chinese were being watched...

A KH-11 reconnasaince satelitte was circling overhead, just as the fighter was launched. It quickly detected the takeoff, and zoomed in...

Seconds later, it was beamed to NSA Headquarters.

"What the hell?..."

A man pointed down at the uplink screen, jabbing at a crescent shape moving westward at high speed.

"I don't know."

The man's name was Patrick Flannery. He was an analyst for NSA, and his job was to stare at satelitte photos.

He continued squinting.

"Oh my god...That looks like a god damm stealth bomber..."

"It's not a stealth bomber...it's a god damm saucer."

The image tracked the fighter westward.

"Look. Look. There's a Polish F-16...oh god..."

The fighter was over Poland within seconds. As it did so, it was spotted by a Polish F-16. And the Polish F-16 suffered a fate similar to that of the B-2. It dissapeared from the sky in a huge ball of fire.

"Well...now we know who's to blame," said Flannery.

Comment

Theres a gonna be a war a comin I can feel it in my bones!! this is a great build up I must say but would you keep the goods coming a little faster.

Cant wait for more
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Flannery immediately reported what had happened to NORAD. NORAD in turn informed the President. And the Presdinet informed the Army to get a commando group ready...

Meanwhile, it was 48 hours since Jeng had last visited the commando training base. Sure enough, the poor colonel had assembled the cream of the crop: a group of unusually suicidal and enothousiastic raging pyschopaths with surprisingly good aim.

"Don't worry sir...they're suicidal, and they have good aim. I can prove it, sir..." the Colonel said.

"All right," replied Jeng. "But you have one chance only."

"All right, men!" the Colonel yelled. "Show the Minister what you have!"

And so the airborne target drone was launched. Sure enough, the first commando knocked it out with a single shot from his pistol, at 500 metres.

The second target drone was launched, and it met a similar fate.

This continued until each man had finished the job at least once, with a pistol, a sniper rifle, and a bazooka.

"You know, Colonel, I feel like promoting you to General..."

"Thank you, sir..."

"That target is going to be history soon."

Both men laughed at the Minister's joke, one out of fear for his life.

Comment

Hmmm still very intrigueing.

Comment

500 meters with a pistol Must be a 50 calibre pistol to go that far
                    Lets see the big fight you're leading up to here.
                    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

And so, the Chinese commandos chosen for this grim task were immediately taken to a local airport. There, they were put under the guise of "students" visiting a "university" in Washington, D.C. It was then that they were briefed on their task. Their target was to be the President of the United States, and several other visiting politicans.

Being psycho and sociopaths, as well as noted sadists, the commandos jumped with giddy delight at this new opportunity. However, this did not matter...

Soon the airliner touched down at the Washington, D.C. airport. The chauffered cars drove away to the hotel where the commandos would be staying. It overlooked the street where the president would make his appearance...

God Help the President...
                      Because no one else will!

Comment

Working...
                      X