Guess what I bought in Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what I bought in Korea?

Warning! BTC members should not read this.

I went downtown today on some school business and dropped into the Kyodong computer market to see if Civ3 was released. Not only is it released and on the shelves of most stores but it's the Limited Edition! I didn't see any regular editions anywhere. I said to the shop owner, "This isn't supposed to be available outside the U.S." He said, "Why not?" Good question but I didn't have a good answer.
    Anyway, I opened it up to have a look and found a Korean instruction manual, an English instruction manual (a book, not a PDF file), an empty jewel case (huh?), and a cardboard disc case with the 2 CDs in it (whew!). There was also the foldout tech tree. The tech tree looks okay to me. It's not too hard to pick out the units and so on. Also included is the letter from Sid Meier and Jeff Briggs. The paper is quite nice. I believe some people reported it absent from their LE, yes? All of this cost me 50,000 Won. That's about 39 or 40 American dollars I think.
    I haven't tried the game yet because I had to come back to work. I'll post later about my first game.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Whats the letter from Sid & Birggs?
    Alex

Comment

It says sorry we didn't test this game or include multiplayer but we knew you Single players are chumps and would buy it anyway.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I should have called the letter 'designer notes'. It talks about new concepts in the game and thanks people for supporting the game.
        Formerly known as Masuro.
        The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Congrats! "Why not?" I love it.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

wow, you got empty jewel case. i had to use CTP jewel case (well it was pirated version anyway)
            did you get designers' manual? if not, join the forcess of freedom and justice on this thread
            (shameless plug)

Comment

Working...
            X