Civ III in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III in Italy

I can't get any hit with a search about it, so I hope is not an old info.

According to some game shops in Milano (Italy) the game is expected delivered tomorrow.

I don't know if this will be an official availability of Civ III in my country or an "unofficial side import" from USA.
    No info about language, too

Ok, very few info at all, but Italian Civ community deserve some attention, I suppose!

I'll try to check tomorrow if the news are real. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Adm.Naismith; November 15, 2001, 18:03.
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Today Civ III is on the shelves of main game shops in Milano, Italy.

I haven't bought it yet, I'm waiting to see if the first patch show enough enhancement.
    As far as I can see, reading outside the box, the game is regular import, english only version. The box show the "Babel" cover.

Edited:
    I forgot to give the price info: 99,900 LIT, around 46 USD at current change

On a side note, its a price lower than many "top seller", like Microsoft Train Simulator that cost about 120,000 LIT - or 55 USD, but higher than low profile sequels like Jagged Alliance 2 - Unfinished Business.

It seems the Italian distributor evaluate Civ III as an high level still niche game: not something to sell as cakes
    Last edited by Adm.Naismith; November 16, 2001, 05:39.
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Anyone have any info about Italian (translated) version?

I had unconfirmed voice about a game version with only the manual translated in Italian, while the game itself will stay in english.

Another rumor I had listen is about the distributor well aware about rushed release of the game, so they are keeping the translation effort for the "final" version - may be MP included.

May be it's only a bunch of false news.
      Please give me your opinion or correction.
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
      X