BTE. The investigation was announced on the same
    at BTC's wesbite. Only one person wanted to
    offer help, but he didn't report anything in time,
    so the report only includes information gathered by
    me. Until further there's not so much visible
    proof to show, but the parts of the puzzle are
    quite clear.

The report doesn't perhaps look impressive, but
    the problem is certain unco-operative companies.

I suggest that you take a look at the report
    that has been published on the BTC's official
    website. It might give some of you a clearer
    view on the current situation.

At the same time I also remind you of the
    BTC Day on Friday. A rally day for worldwide
    release of Civ III LE. More on that on the BTC Day
    page, because it's OT.

The BTC's website: http://www.bisquit-tin-coalition.cjb.net
    Last edited by Rasbelin; November 8, 2001, 13:08.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

New information has been found!

Check out the BTC newsroom!
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I don't really see whats so great about the tin, I bought the tin and their isn't really anything worthwhile in it. the only thing even remotely cool in it is the tin itself. Which by the way seems to be of low quality

Comment

Its the principle that's at stake here. Even if the LE is crap.
        Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

Good to see others that also understand principles.
          Thanks, Deathray!

Comment

I don't get it. Too many acronyms. What's a BTC? What's a BTE? I clicked your link and got a bunch of popups asking me if I wanted to set something or other as my homepage. Argggh! Looked like a Yahoo! knockoff or something. Might double check your link.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

BTC = Biscuit Tin Coalition
              BTE = Biscuit Tin Edition, nickname for Limited Edition, because
              the tin of the LE looks more like a biscuit tin

BTW, the link should work properly. If not, then just
              type www.the-btc.cjb.net, www.biscuit-tin-coalition.cjb.net or
              http://we-want-civ3.cjb.net on your browser's address line.

Comment

Is it available in any other countries, like England or Canada?? Might be easier to grab one from there if you can.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yep its available in canada.. EBs had them (past tense)

Z
                  "Capitalism is man exploiting man; communism is just the other way around."

Comment

This has got to be the silliest waste of time I have ever witnessed. You have been told dozens of times that the LE edition offers nothing over the standard edition. What principle are you fighting for? That any product released in multiple versions should have those versions evenly distributed across each area/country where the product is sold? Give me a break. This doesn't make sense for most products, not the least of which game software.

It's time to give this a rest. Enjoy the game. It really is a lot of fun.

Sorry to be so harsh but this is just silly.

CheeseWhistle

Comment

Okay, I just visited your website and I am now able to confirm without question that, yes, this is the silliest waste of time I have ever witnessed.

Just thought I would clear up any doubt you may have had regarding the certainty of my sentiments as previous expressed.

Carry on.

CheeseWhistle

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseWhistle
                        This has got to be the silliest waste of time I have ever witnessed. You have been told dozens of times that the LE edition offers nothing over the standard edition. What principle are you fighting for? That any product released in multiple versions should have those versions evenly distributed across each area/country where the product is sold? Give me a break. This doesn't make sense for most products, not the least of which game software.
                        The LE comes in a tin. Everyone who has knocked to contents of the tin still said the tin was ok. Is it hard to believe we are (trying to) buy it for the tin??

It's time to give this a rest. Enjoy the game. It really is a lot of fun.
                        Hmm, kinda hard to be enjoying the game when it still isnt released here!!!

Sorry to be so harsh but this is just silly.
                        CheeseWhistle
                        A comment on that would be too easy
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseWhistle

this is the silliest waste of time I have ever witnessed.
                          As you might have noticed at the website,
                          the BTC might have to give up, if there's no support.
                          So I suppose you can just relax and wait for the fall of BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            Is it hard to believe we are (trying to) buy it for the tin??
                            Not at all. What is hard to believe is that anybody would go through this much effort to buy the tin.
                            Hmm, kinda hard to be enjoying the game when it still isnt released here!!!
                            I am sorry to hear that. But that is not really your complaint, is it? The complaint is that the tin edition isn't going to be available.
                            Look, there is no conspiracy by the gamemaker, publisher or distributor. It just didn't make financial sense for the tin edition to be distributed world-wide. When you get the standard version, you will like it. Trust me, I haven't been away from my computer for a week. Just don't get so hung up on a metal tin and a crappy fold out card with a couple of blurry screenshots on it.

There are lots of battles worth fighting. This just ain't one of them.

CheeseWhistle

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                              So I suppose you can just relax and wait for the fall of BTC.
                              Hey, nobody is wishing you any bad luck here. You have done an excellent job making your case, and you obviously have some talent. I just hate to see it go to waste on this cause.

I bet you will be able to pick up the tin on EBay before you know it. Mine is buried in my closet and I doubt I will ever see it again!

Good luck Rasebelin!

CheeseWhistle

Comment

Working...
                              X