Civ II/III combo pack at Sam's Club: $41.95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ II/III combo pack at Sam's Club: $41.95

My wife went to the Sam's Warehouse Club in northern Cincinnati, and saw this box. "I knew you really wanted it, so I bought it", she said. Unfortunately, I was buying the regular edition at Electronics Boutique (for $49.99) at the same time. I haven't opened the combo box, but the picture on the cover looks like Civ 2.42.
    Attached Files

well?..what was inside there?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Erm... Civ 3 and Civ2! Civ 2 is the 2.42 version, in a paper sleeve, with the tech chart (folded up to jewel case size) but no paper manual. I never checked for a pdf file, but I bet there is one. Civ 3 is exactly the same manual and CD as in the regular edition.

Comment

Even if we've all already got a copy of Civ2, this is still the best price I've heard about so far. Wow... $42.

Comment

well..um..now I'm a little ticked.I just got a pc and hence don't have a copy of civ2 for pc....yet.Would have been nice to get it included-a legitimate copy.

Mine cost 49.99 Canadian.Our dollar the other day was trading at .63 per US dollar.My price was something like $30-35 US...no civ2 included
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
            well..um..now I'm a little ticked.I just got a pc and hence don't have a copy of civ2 for pc....yet.Would have been nice to get it included-a legitimate copy.

Mine cost 49.99 Canadian.Our dollar the other day was trading at .63 per US dollar.My price was something like $30-35 US...no civ2 included
            I'm sure Civ2 is easy to find. I had been playing Civ2 (original1996), but early this year I picked up a Civ2 MP for $10 in a box, with a manual. I also think Civ1 is available for peanuts in a jewel case.

Happy hunting!
            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Warehouse clubs always have a great price advantage over regualr stores--of course, they have to have the specific game you want, which isn't always the case--or never the case, if the game isn't in the top ten at some point.

I'll stop by my local BJ's and Costco, and report back.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Sniffle, $42 ? I'm still saving for a 500 Mhz or better CPU so I can play the game at all. Maybe I'll start a second job....at Sam's Club!
                An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
                hoping it will eat him last.
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                X