See my email response from EB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See my email response from EB

Thank you for using the EBgames.com Online Customer Service Center.

Service ID: 198578

URL: N/A
    Question: Subject: Civilization III
    charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am living in Copenhagen, Denmark, and I am wondering if you at
    EBgames are going to ship the computergame Civilization III Limited Edition Tin outside the USA, because I have pre-ordered the game two months ago from Amazon.com and they now say that they will not ship the game outside the USA. I am going to cancel my order with these bastards, and now I ask, if you are going to sell the game to people here in Europe? Then I will place my order at your fine store.
    Thank you for your help.

Mads Raven

--
    Answer: Hello from EBgames,
    Thank you for writing us. We are shipping this game to your area. It can be found at this following link to order:

If you have any more questions or comments please reply to this email, give us a call at 1-877-432-9675 (internationally at 1-702-614-1570), or take a look at http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/default.asp as you may be able to find the answers to your questions in our help section.
    Thank you for choosing EBgames.com.
    Best regards,
    Customer Service Rep.
    EBgames.com
    For further questions on this topic click on the link below. http://207.138.140.105:80/AtOnceServ...l?&clid=100380

So what do you get of this information? Perhaps EB will ship the
    game to Europe - or what do you think?
    "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
    going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

That link is to the standard edition, although they do have a page for LE that does not mention any shipping restrictions. Good luck to you! When I tried to create an account, UK was not an option in the 'country' drop-down presumably because www.eb.uk.com exists - although of course that does not list the LE! AAAAARGH!

Comment

I feel sorry for you too; it is really so frustrating. If I am not going to have the LE then I will boycott the game - eh, just kidding!
      It is so stupid and unfair that the people outside of the USA have almost no chances to get the LE, I really can´t understand why it has to be so... But soon the game will be easy to buy in SE but I want the LE now!
      "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
      going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

Comment

EB shipped my BTE last night

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
          EB shipped my BTE last night
          And where are you located?
          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

i am in hungary, but i ordered on a friend's german credit card to be shipped to my friend to NYC who will DHL or FedEx it the minute she gets it
            pretty elaborate scheme, innit?
            i got the mail 2:30 AM CET today, so it will be tomorrow in NYC

Comment

Well.... looks like EB is gonna get my LE order if my order at amazon hasn't slipped through on Nov 1st. Hoping for the best...
              The rivers shall run to the sea,
              While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
              While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
              Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

Reading La Russo's post, I'm surprised some enterprising American Apolytoner hasn't set up a business ordering the game for desperate Eurocoms - hell, I would have, for a small fee of $5 per game...

Perhaps if EUII comes out significantly earlier in Europe than America, it might be worth a shot....
                yada

Comment

Originally posted by Seneca
                  Reading La Russo's post, I'm surprised some enterprising American Apolytoner hasn't set up a business ordering the game for desperate Eurocoms - hell, I would have, for a small fee of $5 per game...
                  um, bob dornan?

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                    i am in hungary, but i ordered on a friend's german credit card to be shipped to my friend to NYC who will DHL or FedEx it the minute she gets it
                    pretty elaborate scheme, innit?
                    i got the mail 2:30 AM CET today, so it will be tomorrow in NYC
                    Fooking hell LaRusso

Comment

Working...
                    X