Will there be a demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a demo?

Does anyone know if Firaxis is planning to make a demo available, and if so when it will be available?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

No, there won't be a demo. The reactions, outbursts, emotional fits, incessant sobbings, tearing hair out etc was all done after the official announcement about a month ago I think. But it's so close to release now, who really cares?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I do. My system barely meets the requirements for the game. My experience in the past has been that games often don't run on computers that just barely meet the game's system requirements. It would be nice to try a demo before buying.

Comment

Then its time to upgrade...
        "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Unfortunately I'm currently supporting people on my side of the family and my wife's side of the family, and I'd need to upgrade the chip, i.e., essentially buy a new computer.

Comment

Weirdly here in the UK, PCGamer claims it will sport a playable demo of Civ 3 on its cover disc (along with a SP demo of Return to Castle Wolfenstein!) in next months issue... on sale 19th November.
            Later,
            StarBegotten

Comment

define 'barely meets the requirements'

Comment

My system is a PII 300 mHz, 64Meg RAM, with an ATI Rage card. I have plenty of hard drive left, I have Direct X 8 installed, and I know my system can handle 1024x720 screens. It's the chip speed that worries me. I find that manufacturers often essentially underestimate the requirements needed to run their games smoothly and without crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by StarBegotten
                  Weirdly here in the UK, PCGamer claims it will sport a playable demo of Civ 3 on its cover disc (along with a SP demo of Return to Castle Wolfenstein!) in next months issue... on sale 19th November.
                  PC Format are saying the same thing, offering a Demo on next moths coverdiscs.
                  IOU One sig file

Comment

I wouldnt worry about youre chip speed, especially if you can afford to get an extra 64mb ram. I have a p2 400 and have not had a problem running any games, including nhl2002,age of empires 2..... etc

Comment

um yeah....get some more RAM...its cheap

Comment

Is it true about the minium resolution? I'll be playing it on a lap-top for a few days before I can play it on my "industrial strengh" PC. The laptop can't fit anything more than 800x600 on the screen. Any thing more, you have to scroll.
                        That is all.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by StarBegotten
                          Thia is on the same page as it says "All magazine contents and gifts subject to change" so we shouldn't get too excited
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

It is good to hear that there will be a demo.
                            But I hope I will not need it because of having the complete game ....

Comment

we contacted Firaxis on the issue once again:

there is NO demo.

nothing. nada. tipota.

foget about it
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X